Miami man arrested at gun buyback

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Cubanstang50

Miami man arrested at gun buyback

Post by Cubanstang50 »

So he was arrested for not having a contracting permit without license. Charges were later dropped. But he took a bullshit ride! So i guess get the permitt "if they will even give you one" and you will be good to go?

https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/miam ... 5-10919996
tector

Post by tector »

If you want to know why many people hate cops, you don't have to go much further than MPD and MBPD (or BSO). They are Communist-controlled now. It is like the cops in NYC or NJ--they are reflexively anti-gun. Those of you who live in jurisdictions with good Americans running the local LE have no idea.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

according to the statutes and other info what he was doing does not
constitute "contracting" and it was a bogus arrest !

it's exactly like he said, he pissed them off and they made up a bs
charge and arrested him.

hope he gets a lawyer and sues !

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/ind ... 9.127.html

https://www.miamidade.gov/licenses/libr ... icense.pdf

https://www.richardhornsby.com/crimes/r ... cting.html
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools !
MadMan

Post by MadMan »

You can beat the rap, but you'll never beat the ride.
Abuse of power.
10MMgary

Post by 10MMgary »

" The Miami Police Department's gun buyback program uses civil-asset forfeiture money to purchase guns." <<< So they steal people's money and use it to buy stolen guns from the people that stole them.
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

Sounds like an easy settlement check.
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

Next time, the sign should read, "I collect guns."

Would not have mattered, they would still were going to make up some charges. Obviously he would have violated Maimi's Spanish Only Signage Ordinance.
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

Flame Red wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:38 am Obviously he would have violated Maimi's Spanish Only Signage Ordinance.

no doubt, NW 9th Ave & 2nd St. is Little Havana
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools !
Allme

Post by Allme »

10MMgary wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:38 pm " The Miami Police Department's gun buyback program uses civil-asset forfeiture money to purchase guns." <<< So they steal people's money and use it to buy stolen guns from the people that stole them.
^^^ Exactly.

It seems to me this guy tried to bash the LEOs over the head (see meme below) for some 80% lowers and they didn't fall for it so he figured he would make his own profit. I am not a LEO fan but this time around I have to side with them.

BTW for those of you who didn't read the entire article he wasn't taken to jail, just issued a citation to appear "Though the police let him off with a promise to appear rather than taking him to jail"

Also IMHO 80-90% of this article was used to rehash mass shootings and other times ARs have been used less than ethically by the criminally deranged. I for one am over the opinion pieces being spewed by the mass media, we could use another Cronkite.

Molivo

Post by Molivo »

I guess I'll be the lone ranger who doesn't feel terribly sorry for this guy....first he tried duping them by selling 27 39$ stripped lowers for 250$ a piece..they didn't fall for it. So then he wanted to setup shop buying guns in the parking lot that he probably was going to resell at a profit...which is dealing without a license.