Knee Replacement

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
trouter3

Post by trouter3 »

Rent, that doesn't sound like you, that's downright aggressive, I thought you quit putting
That shit up your nose ..... :x :lol: :lol:
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Go for hero. :lol: what's up buddy. I miss our lunches
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

glad to hear your doing well, I'm gonna get back to the old Rent, jokes, sarcasm and more, we need to liven up this place, hearing about you old farts and your ailments makes me wanna go in for hemorrhoid surgery just to come back here and tell you all my shitty jokes :mrgreen:
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

I think these elections are playing on everyone mind these last few days. I know they have mine. Plus I'm sick of all the tv commercials and phone calls and now even texts on my cell phone now. Wtf is with that. I thought robo calls were illegal also.
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
trouter3

Post by trouter3 »

Had 9 calls on my machine and 5 text messages ... The blocking thing we subscribed to is a waste of time ... Very close election tho ....
trouter3

Post by trouter3 »

Update ... Went to a physical therapy center ( maybe the last time ) these people are absurd, nuts, put me through a series of strenuous exercises for 1.5 hours, got home and had more damned pain than after the surgery, it was the worst I felt since after operation, called em and told if I come back the therapy will be not as aggressive as last time, shit I ain't training to fight mike Tyson, it will be my way or the freeway ... I'll give em another shot Monday .... We shall see ....
trouter3

Post by trouter3 »

Physical therapy part 2 .... Went for my 1 hour session yesterday all worked up ready to jump all over these people ...not ... Spoke to the fella in charge, very compassionate agreed they were much to aggressive with my program for the time since surgery, cut the reps in half that I was doing, stayed with me the entire session, very very impressive individual, knows his stuff for sure, we decided going only twice weekly instead of three was sufficient, got 16 visits left on my plan so it's going to be awhile.. Getting around real good, went out fishing by myself other day ( didn't catch diddly ) but it was really nice be in the outdoors, next, going to the shooting range ( hope I don't shoot myself in the knee ) that ain't funny !!!
:lol: :lol:
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

LOL glad I did not use any therapy. I just walked up and down stairs, rode a bike and took it easy and did great. Used walker for msybe an hour and never used a cane. But I attribute that to the surgeon. No pain at all on the left side of the knee when walking down the stairs. Like I had with my first knee surgery.

But when I'm sitting in recliner I hang the leg off the side of the recline when it's up and lift the leg up and down constantly. But its been two months no swelling or very little, walking great. no pain at all. I pretty much forget about it. No clicking at the joint.

My first surgery on my right knee. My knee cap kinda clicks. But it has lessen after 3 years. This new knee does not click at all.

To be honest the pain level except for the first 3 days after I got home and I flexed the heck out of it. Pain has really not been bad at all. But screw those therapists. Did not use them the first time and not this time.

Just get up and move, walk and find some stairs to walk up and down. Plus ride a bike. That's all you need. The more you do this the more it will flex as the swelling goes down with less trauma of over exertion.

Because until the swelling comes down you will hurt it more than help it. Because each time you over work it. That causes it to swell back up or even more. I'm sure you've noticed this. Plus ICE, ICE,ICE. If you can take meloxicam get a script for it. It will help ALOT WITH SWELLING

The best thing you can do is put something under your foot and gentally flex your knee downward and hold it a few seconds at your pace. DO NOT PUT ANYTHING UNDER YOUR KNEE YOU REST IT ON. PUT IT UNDER YOUR FOOT.

But get up and walk, walk, walk. At your pace. Remember as the swelling goes down the more you'll be able to do. The ONLY REASON YOUR FLEXING AND WALKING REALLY IS TO KEEP SCAR TISSUE FROM FORMING AS IT HEALS. KEEP IT LOSE. Again if you do not have a scrip for meloxicam ask your doctor for one. He'll give you one.

You more than likely already knew everything I already told you. But don't stress. Trust me, as the swelling goes down so wil the pain and your movement will increase. But go at your pace not theirs. The therapy again helps more to keep scar tissue from forming which would restrict your movement of the knee.

Oh yeah if you have some place in your home thst you can stand and hold on to and at your pace. Squat to the level that you can. Do not over do it. Because as you do it over time the more you'll be able to do. Because it's the swelling of your knee that's keeping you from bending it. As the swelling goes down. Again the more you'll be able to flex and less pain you'll have.
trouter3

Post by trouter3 »

Firemedic 2000 .....you'll appreciate this having surgery on both your knees and what you went through, I've got a friend who lives in Maine along the border of the Quebec provinces, Paul a Marine Corp veteran, a first lieutenant, in his late sixties, has had and this is no lie, cross my heart, both his knees, both hips, both shoulders replaced and recently had a spinal fusion done through his neck, he is a friggin superhero as far as I'm concerned, he comes down to south Florida to his place in the winter months to recuperate, he's so passive when talks about it.. Amazing person, one for believe it or not ...
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Good Lord that man has been through alot. It's amazing, I hope he is doing well. I need to have a left hip done later in life I believe. I've been told it's nothing like a knee though. Getting old really sucks. I just turned 57 this month. But I'm in pretty great shape except for parts wearing out lol.