Fall back tonight...

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Fall back tonight...

Post by Jeepsnguns »

Just a friendly reminder in case some of you aren't on the up & up and/or forgot..... turn back your clocks tonight.
I already turned back my stove, microwave, bedside alarm clock, wristwatch and vehicle clock to get a jump on things.
I so hate both time changes!!!
Last edited by Jeepsnguns on Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iosef

Post by Iosef »

Being one of the clueless, all I have to say about that is...

Thank you :-)
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

Iosef wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:42 pm Being one of the clueless, all I have to say about that is...

Thank you :-)
No problem man, its one of those things that sometimes slip by you, I've had it happen to me which is why I like to sound the horn!!! :lol:
jjk308

Post by jjk308 »

Time for this insanity about the time change to end! Pick one, Daylight Savings or Standard Time, and then STICK WITH IT! If you think a business, school, whatever would have problems with the lack of sunlight it is a LOT EASIER for THEM to change their schedules than have the whole country do it.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Agree. Though, contrary to the Florida effort, Standard Time, as in Sun at meridian at noon. Oh, the rodent didn't have anything to do with going to DST all year. :?
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

I woke up an thought dammm,I slept late,until I turned this thing on this a.m.,LOL..
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
randian

Post by randian »

jjk308 wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:18 am Time for this insanity about the time change to end! Pick one, Daylight Savings or Standard Time, and then STICK WITH IT!
The FL Legislature did. They passed a law making DST the year-round standard. Since violates Federal law, which oddly only contemplates a state eliminating DST, it takes an act of Congress to allow it.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Yes, Florida passed a state law placing Florida on constant DST.
But, Congress has to approve the change, and so far the proposal has not even been heard in committee in either house.
The airlines and train companies are against it, and lobbying against the change.
The Florida based theme parks are for it.
We shall see who has the stronger lobbyists.
tector

Post by tector »

It creates a 5th continental time zone in fall and winter. It will never happen, which is what everybody paying attention knew when the bill passed in Florida.

Next.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Cubanstang50

Post by Cubanstang50 »

tector wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:22 pm It creates a 5th continental time zone in fall and winter. It will never happen, which is what everybody paying attention knew when the bill passed in Florida.

Next.
What does this mean tector?