Ocala National Forest

The trials and tribulations of the great outdoors.
flcracker

Ocala National Forest

Post by flcracker »

It's been years since I've been up there - most of my dirt-roading, 4WD Jeeping, hiking, camping, canoeing, hunting, and general woods exploring over the past 20 years has been in and around the Green Swamp and Withlacoochee State Forest. The last few times I was up in the Ocala NF it was to canoe Alexander/Juniper/Salt Spring Runs.

Where are some good areas of the ONF to explore with the Jeep, hike, camp, etc., and what areas are no-go due to the zombies and gypsies that I hear live out there?
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
dieselbeef

Post by dieselbeef »

we go to oklawaha end on the rodman...I haven't ever run across anyone that wasn't riding or obviously not a zombie
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

the homeless forest people as they like to be called :roll: , PC and all.... roam everywhere, best to avoid the convenience stores on 40 anytime after dark, but you have a batter chance of seeing actual game in the ONF than running into a meth camp during hunting season, spring and summer chances elevate