Outdoor Thermometer Wireless

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
lakelandman

Outdoor Thermometer Wireless

Post by lakelandman »

I have looked at Amazon has any try worth a dam without breaking the bank?

Thanks, Lakelandman
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
Gregory

Post by Gregory »

I've tried it twice over the last ten years, after my 1970's vintage outdoor weather station finally died.
I bought an wireless outdoor weather station off Amazon back around 2015 as a replacement, and while it worked ok, replacing batteries became frustrating (button cells about every other month) and expensive.
So In 2020 it was replaced it with a wired system, that has a wire running from the inside unit that is plugged into the wall.
It was both cheaper in purchase cost, and there is no expenses involved in replacing batteries.
On another note, I also have a simple indoor/outdoor temperature/humidity meter here in my home office, that I bought at Radio Shack at last 25 years ago. The indoor unit runs on two AAA batteries, and the outside sensor is wired, batteries last a couple years, and it still works.
rug357

Post by rug357 »

https://www.walmart.com/ip/AcuRite-Batt ... D/45810751

I’ve had one of these from Walmart for past several years at my house and it has worked well. I had the monitor in the family room and the sensor out in patio. Just had to replace the battery one a year on the monitor and twice a year on the sensor. I kept my sensor under the roof so it wouldn’t get wet.
Unfortunately my sensor broke recently when my kids knocked it off while playing with ball. I going to order another one.
You may not be of my flesh and blood, but you are of my heart and soul.

Do not mistaken my kindness for weakness.
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

Calls for a solar power unit.
:shock:
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

I thought of a very large dial thermometer, like they use around pools, etc. Place it across the yard on a tree where it can be seen, though out of the sun to avoid false readings. No batteries needed, and all you have to do is look out the window.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Rchrd.miranda

Post by Rchrd.miranda »

for what it's worth I have had several acurite brand units over the last 35ish years. They are modestly priced (or at least the little ones I've bought for 25-50 dollars)....you can spend a ton more. The indoor units can be plugged into AC current and provide accurate time, temp, humidity, etc. both indoors and outdoors. The outside sensor is about the size of a toothpaste tube and can be hung most anywhere except in direct sun or excessive rain. The only glitch is they need two new AA batteries about once a year. Not extravagant but reliable and cheap.
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Thanks, guys I found one.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.