Gun Show Loophole closed? What does it mean?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Wulfmann

Post by Wulfmann »

I agree with that Matt, every word
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Molivo wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:09 pm
N4KVE wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:54 am I find the term “unlicensed dealer” to be an oxymoron. If you don’t have a FFL “licence”, you’re not a dealer. If you do have a FFL “licence” you’re a dealer. Nothing wrong with walking around a show selling unwanted items. GARY.
If you buy something under value, knowing its worth more, and immediately put it up for sale for a profit, and do it repetitively, but aren't licensed to do it, what would you call that?
I knew someone who did that; some other members may remember the same guy. He got a warning from ATF. They didn't jump him and cuff him, or beat him with sticks; they told him not to do it. He eased off for a few months and went back to his old ways. Wound up a year in club FED. The warning was a gift. Those paying attention took a lesson from it. Intelligence learns from experience, genius learns from the experience of others.

That said, I don't do a business. Like so many others, I decide I want a different caliber, or no longer want the collector items I had craved. So, I sell them. Done. In my old age, I've settled on a few items, which should hold me. I suppose some "activist" types would think I should be sent to Devil's Island or simply tortured in perpetuity. What they can do with themselves is too technical for the forum. But, I have no worries about ATF because my actions were legit.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

When is this "rule" go into effect?
Wulfmann

Post by Wulfmann »

The media said 30 days it goes into effect. I believe Biden signed this (illegal? certainly unconstitutional) order first week of April.
So, as soon as May 1
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

I knew an FFL that pushed to have all firearms transferred thru an FFL.
He loved the easy money he could make doing transfers. $50.00 for filing and background checks.
Molivo

Post by Molivo »

P5 Guy wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:04 am I knew an FFL that pushed to have all firearms transferred thru an FFL.
He loved the easy money he could make doing transfers. $50.00 for filing and background checks.
Until he realizes there’s an army of kitchen table dealers that would spring up to do them for $10
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

Molivo wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:16 pm
P5 Guy wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:04 am I knew an FFL that pushed to have all firearms transferred thru an FFL.
Until he realizes there’s an army of kitchen table dealers that would spring up to do them for $10
I am not sure of the rest of Florida but St. Pete a gun seller has to be in a commercial zone.
Molivo

Post by Molivo »

P5 Guy wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:52 am
I am not sure of the rest of Florida but St. Pete a gun seller has to be in a commercial zone.
Atf doesn’t care. It’s up to the city or county you live in.
Wulfmann

Post by Wulfmann »

I will have my one table at this weekend's Melbourne Gun Show.

There are various shows around the state so if you go to one LUK what the scuttlebutt is from those and I will post next week on what I hear at the Melbourne show
Molivo

Post by Molivo »

P5 Guy wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:52 am