Help me find a SBS host

Machine guns, SBRs, SBSs, suppressors, destructive devices, AOW (any other weapon)
NorincoKid

Help me find a SBS host

Post by NorincoKid »

Looking into a SBS, purely for funsies, zero practical reasons.

A standard 870 can get me down to 12.5" but I'd like to be shorter than that. Ideally, 10" is probably the longest I'd want to go.

The special field can probably get me around 10.5 but theyre expensive. The bonus would be that I could use regular 870 stocks, pistol grips, folding stocks etc which is a big bonus. Im not a fan of those english straight stocks anyways.

Another option would be something like a Lynx, Saiga knockoff but I worry about those. I think they're pretty "hit or miss" in quality BEFORE you chop them down. I'd imagine getting them to run right with only 2" after the gas port is a challenge.

Then theres this new wave of Turkish(?) Benelli M2 and M4 clones. Affordable. Short magazine tubes. Looks like, I'm guessing maybe would be around the 10" ,mark. The negative being that parts may be an issue if needed down the road, and you cant run just a pistol grip, or a folding stock on these guns. The M2 being inertia and not gas may be more reliable with lighter loads and the shorter barrel though.

Anybody here got any really short SBS's and opinions on them? Besides doing a side by side, It really looks like theres not alot of options in the 10" or less range without major surgery.