Anyone here been through chemo treatment before ?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

So, long story short, Thanks to the contaminated water at camp lejeune i am pretty much hosed.

The shadow turned out to be another tumor. They are arguing if they can get it out with surgery now.

I am hoping it is an easy thing but these days who knows.

So far the water contamination has caused 5 different issues. I should probably be angry about all of this but I feel more frustrated than angry. No one left to be angry at anyway. But dealing with the VA is exasperating at best.

I will try to update the board as this goes but at some point I will probably not be able. I will let my wife or son update the board.

I have enjoyed this board for almost 20 years now. I am thankful everyone has put up with me this long. I do miss the older days but everything changes. Be well all.
Cwt7691

Post by Cwt7691 »

Semper Fi brother.
Member since the early days
Semper Fi
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

Prayers and best wishes for you brother!
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

I am going to have surgery next Thursday at Vanderbilt in Nashville. It is supposed to be robotic. The doctor said he can do it all that way and get both sides done at the same time. I am hoping so. If he can't then he will go ahead with opening me up to do it. Biggest difference is recovery time. And if course depending on what they find it might mean more chemo. I am already tired most of the time. Feels like I just cannot stay awake. Not a lot of pain though. Oh well, there is a bright side to everything. At least now it will be done and I can get on with life. If not, well my kids get to inherit a nice gun collection. Lol

Thanks all for the thoughts and
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

I wish you the best of luck...

My mom's going through the second round right now. I wouldn't wish that upon even my worst of enemies (i don't have any, but if I did, I wouldn't)
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

I'm on the down slope of recovery,they got the cancer with chemo & radiation. Two more 30 minute chemo infusions,down from the 4 hour infusions,and I'll be done with that part. Starting to feel better,back to eating again,165 lb's down to 121 ,quit taking 4-5 naps a day after they changed one of my med's. Gradually slide back into semi normal life.
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
Bmup

Post by Bmup »

Great news TonyR!

N0rlf, you're up next. I had a heart ablation done at Vanderbilt a couple of years ago and I can tell you that place is the best of the best. You're in good hands so don't sweat the location decision. You're both still in the prayer group and we're expecting a positive outcome.
"Biden/Harris 2024 - It's a No Brainer!"

"No society ever thrived because it had a large group of parasites living off those who produce." - Dr. Thomas Sowell
Ger42

Post by Ger42 »

wish you a quick recovery Tony.
JonathanW

Post by JonathanW »

Best of luck! And a solid recovery