SAF sues U.S. AG, ATF, FBI over medical marijuana 2A ban

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
George W

Post by George W »

N4KVE wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:50 am That tin foil hat starting to squeeze your brains? GARY.
Tector's language may be harsh, but his analysis is anything but conspiratory in nature. He's cited statute and case law.

I actually admire the bliss you live in. To believe that members of an agency with a long history of murdering its' own citizens for alleged minor offenses won't arrest you for a clear violation of the written law is either some weapons grade rose colored glasses or a terminal case of Cop-Cock addiction. They will, and have enforced this law without mercy, but think a little further.... why would you ever want the government to have this kind of authority in the first place? If you're correct and the agents you were jerking off in the men's room at a show won't enforce it, you can bet your ass that their buddies will.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

George W wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:18 pm
N4KVE wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:50 am That tin foil hat starting to squeeze your brains? GARY.
Tector's language may be harsh, but his analysis is anything but conspiratory in nature. He's cited statute and case law.

I actually admire the bliss you live in. To believe that members of an agency with a long history of murdering its' own citizens for alleged minor offenses won't arrest you for a clear violation of the written law is either some weapons grade rose colored glasses or a terminal case of Cop-Cock addiction. They will, and have enforced this law without mercy, but think a little further.... why would you ever want the government to have this kind of authority in the first place? If you're correct and the agents you were jerking off in the men's room at a show won't enforce it, you can bet your ass that their buddies will.
Waco was “minor offenses”? OTOH, I just found out my neighbor died of a stroke, so I was sad until I read your post. Thanks for putting a smile back on my face. GARY.
George W

Post by George W »

N4KVE wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:50 am
Waco was “minor offenses”? OTOH, I just found out my neighbor died of a stroke, so I was sad until I read your post. Thanks for putting a smile back on my face. GARY.
[/quote]

I was actually thinking Ruby Ridge for allegedly cutting a shotgun barrel to 17-3/4". That is truly a minor offense that didn't warrant murdering Randy Weaver's family. The Branch Davidian massacre fits too. The ATF alleged that they were making automatic weapons, yet no one was charged. They murdered what 70+ mostly women and children. The whole child molestation story didn't come out until weeks later, and wasn't in the ATF warrant, nor does the ATF investigate those kind of crimes.

Now, directly... do you support the ATF having the lawful authority to go after MM users, even if they Pinky Promised not to?
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

George W wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:13 pm Now, directly... do you support the ATF having the lawful authority to go after MM users, even if they Pinky Promised not to?
Absolutely not. I think alcohol is 100% more destructive than MJ. Nobody robs a bank to support a MJ habit, but people addicted to crack, or opiates will steal anyway they can to support their habit. The fact that MJ is a schedule 1 drug by the Fed’s is totally insane to me. It makes people happy, & can help people to deal with pain. The worst it does is someone passes out on the couch after smoking a joint. Years ago I took a driving course, & the instructor spent 15 minutes about how many people die from alcohol related car accidents. One guy raised his hand, & asked how many people died from MJ induced car accidents, & the gal replied “we don’t have those figures”. So he replied “because there are none”. So yes, I absolutely hate that line on the 4473, especially now that people get medical prescriptions for MJ. GARY
Ricordo

Post by Ricordo »

Here's Florida and BATFE's policy on the matter: https://www.fdle.state.fl.us/CJSTC/Publ ... b-sig.aspx

For some reason, whenever I read or hear the adjective "medicinal" it takes me back to its use with the term "alcohol".
Let's Go Brandon
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

N4KVE wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:04 pm
George W wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:13 pm Now, directly... do you support the ATF having the lawful authority to go after MM users, even if they Pinky Promised not to?
Years ago I took a driving course, & the instructor spent 15 minutes about how many people die from alcohol related car accidents. One guy raised his hand, & asked how many people died from MJ induced car accidents, & the gal replied “we don’t have those figures”. So he replied “because there are none”. GARY
Having been a first responder for more years than I care to count I can attest there are a few cases at least. And yes if addicted to pot people will commit crimes to support that habit. I can again tell you that I have seen that far more often than I would have thought. However rate this cases are they do exist. However those are covered in the law already. The firearm is a red being in those cases. So that argument does not hold water. All that aside I have a personal issue with this part of the law.

As part of my treatment for the cancer it was recommended I try cbd or similar to help with the side effects. Like others I am tested regularly by the VA so that option is not available to me. Nor is it available to the hundreds of thousands veterans that could certainly use it to ease their suffering.

To your point though MJ can and does cause horrible things at times. They are however rare and a very low percentage of people using MJ medically. That is an entirely different issue. Almost anyone can get a card for medicinal use. They hand them out to almost anyone for almost anything. I wonder if there are stats to show the number of cards granted and denied? Doubtful.

I am no friend of the ATF or this administration and think we have gone way past abuse of powers. If done correctly and without huge administrative red tape the medical mj issue would be easily handled. However like anything, no make that everything, the government touched it would go to shite in a second.

Now back to bed for me. These days it is about all I can do. I was wondering just this morning if there was a way to rig targets up out my window so I could at least ask shoot occasionally. Not that I could hit them but the sound and smell is soothing.

Take care all.
Mike
Outgunu

Post by Outgunu »

Sounds like it's been changed to 'user of or addicted to'.