One step closer to braces coming back...

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
rug357

Post by rug357 »

PSA has AR pistols for sale.
This morning they had AR pistol with 10.5” barrel and Magpul BTR brace listed for sale.
You may not be of my flesh and blood, but you are of my heart and soul.

Do not mistaken my kindness for weakness.
tector

Post by tector »

rug357 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:24 pm PSA has AR pistols for sale.
This morning they had AR pistol with 10.5” barrel and Magpul BTR brace listed for sale.
Before this "controversy" I am think they were the biggest single seller of braced pistols. I'm guessing their lawyers told them the nationwide injunction has them covered, for now. So maybe they were dumping inventory while they could.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
tector

Post by tector »

These $599 sale guns were $150 cheaper on sale this time last year:

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-pa- ... m_content=
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
tector

Post by tector »

I am sorely tempted to buy a couple. One possible resolution of this case is that the courts impose, or the ATF accepts, a grandfathering provision. Were that to happen, these things could get really pricey quickly. Sort of like an old "pre-ban" gun, but where the ban never goes away.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

But yet their ad has the obligatory “fine print”. GARY.

These braced pistols are designed and intended only for use as forearm braces to provide a more stable firearm platform. They are neither designed nor intended to be fired from the shoulder. As configuration changes may alter the classification of a particular firearm, the user bears sole responsibility for determining the correct application of state and federal law.
tector

Post by tector »

N4KVE wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:58 am

These braced pistols are designed and intended only for use as forearm braces to provide a more stable firearm platform. They are neither designed nor intended to be fired from the shoulder. As configuration changes may alter the classification of a particular firearm, the user bears sole responsibility for determining the correct application of state and federal law.
That language has been there for ages, well before this ATF clusterfuck. All it proves is that they have competent lawyers.

Are you going to start whining again about your SBRs being devalued by braced pistols?
George W

Post by George W »

Prior to this BS, the ATF stated that as long as the configuration is legal, how you could hold it however you want.

Edited to add the receipt:
https://www.sigsauer.com/media/amasty/b ... 1-2017.pdf
Last edited by George W on Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tector

Post by tector »

George W wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:35 pm

Prior to this BS, the ATF stated that as long as the configuration is legal, how you could hold it however you want.
Not sure if any states tried to add on requirements themselves. Sounds communist, but since FL rushed to ban bump stocks before any Fed action, I guess we can't throw stones in the glass house.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

tector wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:49 pm Are you going to start whining again about your SBRs being devalued by braced pistols?
Not at all, as I’ve owned them for years, so including the stamp they still cost less than a new braced pistol. OTOH, If I went by Vito’s and dropped $40K on a nice toy, & the ATF decided to open the books to add newly made weapons to the list, then I’d be whining. GARY
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.