Destructive devices illegal in Florida ?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
JonathanW

Destructive devices illegal in Florida ?

Post by JonathanW »

:shock:

Moving back to Florida in two weeks and I saw that there’s a new law prohibiting the mere possession of a destructive devices and I don’t see any exceptions for those registered with the ATF. Anyone have more information on this ? I’m pretty screwed , never saw any news on Florida losing this NFA category

JonathanW

Post by JonathanW »

Disregard, I think I was just reading to deep into the law
Section 790.1612, Florida Statutes, was enacted in 1990.[1]

A review of the legislative history surrounding the changes made in 1990 to section 790.161, Florida Statutes, and the creation of section 790.1612, Florida Statutes, indicates that the intent of this legislation was to strengthen laws regarding explosive devices by changing the levels of punishment for violations of the statute, not to criminalize the legal possession of such devices. There are also statements made during legislative committee hearings that the changes to the bill "would not violate the rights of those who have these devices legally."[2]

Thus, it continues to be the position of this office that Florida law allows the lawful possession of destructive devices as defined in section 790.001(4), Florida Statutes, as is currently evidenced by sections 790.161 and 790.1612, Florida Statutes.

Sincerely,

Gerry Hammond
Senior Assistant Attorney General
osprey21

Post by osprey21 »

There are NO restrictions for owning an NFA registered DD in Fla.
Believe nothing the MSM tells you.
JonathanW

Post by JonathanW »

My form 20s got approved, I reached out to NAGR multiple times to fix their website that’s putting out bad information
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

I noticed it says "willfully and unlawfully." If you're doing it right by filing your NFA paperwork, then it's not unlawful.
My posts kill threads.