Parts Kits and Projects Picture Thread!

Discuss your latest firearms project! DON'T post normal maintenance questions here.
indy1919a4

Post by indy1919a4 »

Wow that does look better. No back story at all, like how long it sat there rusting.?? How did the inside of the barrel look after all that rusting??
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

indy1919a4 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:31 pm Wow that does look better. No back story at all, like how long it sat there rusting.?? How did the inside of the barrel look after all that rusting??
The bore seemed to be relatively untouched. The story I got was that there was a fire....the sprinkler system went off...and then this was thrown in a box or something for a long time and neglected. The grips didn't melt so I don't think the fire did anything to it, just water....and mostly on one side.

^^^ A slight departure from the usual "Parts Kits and Projects" items....but a "Parts Kit and Project" nonetheless

Not sure how I want to finish this out, if it's even salvageable. Looks roached. But if not this particular one, I want to do a Black Tele decked out in Gold trim. Classy. We'll see.
indy1919a4

Post by indy1919a4 »

NorincoKid wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:02 am
indy1919a4 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:31 pm Wow that does look better. No back story at all, like how long it sat there rusting.?? How did the inside of the barrel look after all that rusting??
The bore seemed to be relatively untouched. The story I got was that there was a fire....the sprinkler system went off...and then this was thrown in a box or something for a long time and neglected. The grips didn't melt so I don't think the fire did anything to it, just water....and mostly on one side.

Thanks for the update.. Water always seems to damage more then the actual fire. Nice save.