Any fossil experts here? (Pic heavy)

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
revelation

Any fossil experts here? (Pic heavy)

Post by revelation »

I found this on a dirt path to the beach. I thought it may be a tooth. The google images app suggests it is some type of early Native American carved tool. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkImage
Last edited by revelation on Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - George Orwell
revelation

Post by revelation »

This part is 1.25 by about 2.5

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - George Orwell
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

I'm pretty familiar with Florida fossils. This does not look like any fossil I've ever seen - tooth or otherwise. I could be wrong, though.

Whether or not it's a human made artifact, I can't tell. The folks at the Florida Museum of Natural History in Gainesville or the anthropology/archeology department at any state University that offers such a program should be able to help determine if it's an artifact or just a rock.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)