Gun Shows- Private Sellers

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Spikes40

Post by Spikes40 »

was at the vero beach gun show this last weekend, Lots of private seller tables
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

wjbarricklow wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:55 pm Something that just came to mind- does someone know a good auction house in Tampa, Orlando, or South Florida?
There's a few of them the do in person and online-only mass sales. Check auctionzip.com . I know Action Auctioneers (https://www.auctionzip.com/Listings/3836045.html) out of Zephyrhills does weekly live auctions with firearms in the mix.

The thing is these places want 30-40% commission depending on the sold price, so you've got to factor in "losing" that much when you consign.
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

I think I went to my first gun show at War Memorial Auditorium back in 1979 and I can remember buying firearms with cash despite being in 6th grade. Everything was "private sale" back then because FFLs weren't allowed to sell at a gun show.

The only time somebody made me go get my dad was if I was buying a handgun. Everything was all WWI / WWII vintage stuff so it was all 1903s, M1 Carbines, 1911s, Lugers, etc.

Otherwise it was cash and carry.
Molivo

Post by Molivo »

Spikes40 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:46 am was at the vero beach gun show this last weekend, Lots of private seller tables
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnew ... rcna102800

We'll see how much longer that goes. ATF getting ready to target private sale dealers.
Mannlicher

Post by Mannlicher »

REDinFL wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:20 am Absolutely correct. Here in Pinellas, the Sheriff's Dept. announced a number of years ago that officers would check everyone they saw in the parking lot coming out with a gun. Idea being, if bought, was it via 4473 or private? You can guess the rest. But, the points are well taken, that the local officials placed burdens on the venues. I'll not impose my cynicism re: Suncoast/Florida Gunshows.
those cops that are asking for your support now are the same one's that will enforce the questionable will of the local politicians. I have read that some folks just exchange phone numbers inside, and make their connections later.
Wulfmann

Post by Wulfmann »

IMO, (No H) the intention of these regulations (They are not laws) is to intimidate the majority of the population and they work.

When the Florida legislator passed a law saying counties and localities could not make laws that conflicted with state laws regarding firearms liberal areas Dade-PB, Tampa etc ignored that and arrested people anyway forcing innocent people to hire lawyers, post bail and eventually having it thrown out because the arrest was actually unlawful.
But, it made the majority buckle to the unconstitutional laws to avoid the expense and aggravation of dealing with corrupt democratic politicians and their lackey Gestapo imposing the old "Fur unser sicherheit" trick

When the Florida legislator passed a law fining each individual person $5,000.00 that participated in unlawful prosecution people for these unlawful laws all sudden like the lackeys lost interest in the cause of each higher up Sturmbahnfuher pushing their agenda and just like that freedom reemerged

We will need our legislator to step up and do something similar that threatens the arrest and steep fines on any and all officials that impose arbitrary regulations that are not laws at all on Florida residents which I am sure will be followed by many other like minded states. The fact these penalties are mandated to the individual and not the agency will again have a chilling affect on these "I was just following zee orders of Mein Fuhrer" when their real boss, Ihre Fuhrerin (Die Wife) insist they do nothing to interfere with their bank account.

It is a simple fact that we all act in what is our personal interest and as the local vs state gun laws fines proved the left will not stop with no care at all for the truth, the constitution, right or wrong until you make them pay through the wallet. Just like that are rights will be restored.
Otherwise they will run us down like dogs