Gun Shows- Private Sellers

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
wjbarricklow

Post by wjbarricklow »

I talked to the people that run the WPB show, and private seller are allowed. If a sale isn't going to someone with a CWFL, it has to go through a FFL. That might work.

I just talked to a gun auction business in Tampa. I might try that.
tector

Post by tector »

wjbarricklow wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:55 pm
Something that just came to mind- does someone know a good auction house in Tampa, Orlando, or South Florida?
I used Fields Auction in WPB a couple of times (as did a friend of mine) and they were good. However, several years ago, they were taken over by Falcon America and I haven't used them.Looks like their last gun auctions (they do all kinds of auctions) were in April and February, so one should be coming up fairly soon.

https://falconamerica.hibid.com/auctions/past
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
tector

Post by tector »

wjbarricklow wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:38 pm I talked to the people that run the WPB show, and private seller are allowed.
We might be talking past each other here.

If you meaning getting a table and getting approved by the gun show, that was allowed last I knew.

If you are talking about walking the aisles and selling privately there, that was NOT allowed last I knew.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
tector

Post by tector »

I sold a lot of guns at this show, but they literally just had one last weekend, so the next won't be for a few months (I think they do twice a year, or used to).

https://www.palmbeacharmscollectors.com/
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

While the WPB gun show has a big sign posted at the entrance about private sales, the rule is never enforced. I see private sales there all the time. There’s usually 3-4 PBSO deputies there walking the show, & when asked, they’re just there to keep the peace. They are not there to prevent private sales. And should a seller, & buyer bump into each other at a show where private sales are firmly discouraged, they simply drive down the street to the nearest shopping center, & complete the transaction there on the outskirts of the parking lot. Don’t do it in the parking lot of the venue. Many years ago long before Florida Gun Shows was the promoter, people in Miami got busted for that. GARY
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

George W wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:23 pm Lakeland Rifle and Pistol Club at the airport.
Only one I will go to.
Of course I live in Lakeland but if I didn’t I’d travel an hour to go but no other.
tector

Post by tector »

N4KVE wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:53 am While the WPB gun show has a big sign posted at the entrance about private sales, the rule is never enforced. I see private sales there all the time. There’s usually 3-4 PBSO deputies there walking the show, & when asked, they’re just there to keep the peace. They are not there to prevent private sales. And should a seller, & buyer bump into each other at a show where private sales are firmly discouraged, they simply drive down the street to the nearest shopping center, & complete the transaction there on the outskirts of the parking lot. Don’t do it in the parking lot of the venue. Many years ago long before Florida Gun Shows was the promoter, people in Miami got busted for that. GARY
I did a deal like that--we went to the nearest convenience store down on Southern Blvd.

If the private sale ban is from the county (as landlord), and the show is not enforcing it, God help the promoters if something ever goes wrong (i.e., a person is hurt through a gun acquired this way). I am not a PI lawyer, but I know some, and a deep pocket business not enforcing a posted standard is their wettest dream. Moreover, it could also give their carrier a basis to deny coverage.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

The county does not own the Fairgrounds. This company does. South Florida Fair & Palm Beach County Expositions, Inc. But before the show starts, the promoter’s employees go by every table to make sure all guns are tie wrapped through the barrel. OTOH, except for Miami, nobody checks the attendee’s to see if they’re packing when they enter the show.
GARY
pharmer

Post by pharmer »

The "USA Gunshow" at Osceola Heritage park is private sales OK. It was again not advertised so turnout, while better than the 1 st one in April was small. Prices were astronomical including walk ins. One 'ol boy had a 6.5 Carcano, heavily modified for $500, a S&W 640 .38 spl while nice was $1300. I bought a Ruger MKII .22 mag for $28 just to spend some money. All the tables were filled unlike last time. In and out in an hour, the wood mulch on the floor caused me to lose balance often. Still, it beat Khaled's regular goat rope. Joe
Keep Today Fresh
Charles

Post by Charles »

https://gunauctionsusa.hibid.com/auctions, In Largo. Read their Terms and Conditions thoroughly. I have bought and sold from them, their gun personnel don't always take the best pictures.