places to shoot and practice "tactical" shooting in southwest florida

darude

places to shoot and practice "tactical" shooting in southwest florida

Post by darude »

I recently got a job as an armed security guard in florida, and honestly am realizing how insufficient the training and qualifications are, i go to the range whenever i can, but the range i go to thats closes to my house, 17 minutes away, doesnt let you draw and shoot from a holster or anything like that

Is there anywhere in the Charlotte county area where I can practice stuff like that?
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

Now go to the new member thread please.
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
deathpriest

Post by deathpriest »

Welcome. Maybe look for matches in your area. I am not familiar with Charlotte but, I am sure some more experienced shooters in the area will pitch in soon.
μολὼν λαβέ
**Infidel**
ADulay

Post by ADulay »

Darude,

Think about playing the shooting sports game.

IDPA, USPSA, 3-Gun , etc.

You can draw, move, hide, shoot and burn down as many targets as you can stand. Or you can play the game as directed with two per target.

Although most of the games only require two shots per target, we do get guys who just want to expend their entire collection of magazines on each stage! Not the best way to score well, but they want to shoot and scoot to their fullest compliment.

Hansen range down in the southern portion of Charlotte county off of US41 would be a good place to check out.

Andy Dulay
IDPA Match Director among other things.
(And a fellow "G" holder)
darude

Post by darude »

ill take a look at hansen