Once in a Lifetime Random Occurrence

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
BerettaRacer

Once in a Lifetime Random Occurrence

Post by BerettaRacer »

So,
About 6 mos ago I went to a Ft Lauderdale gun show (very busy) to buy a very specific gun. A Ruger LCP Max. Very popular gun/model. It soon became my daily "go to" gun. Small, light and easy to conceal in our T-shirt & shorts environment. My Hellcat, while being more capable, but larger and heavier, got regulated to second. The other day I decided that another LCP Max was in my future, as a dedicated carry gun for the motorcycle.

Sunday I went down to the also very busy Miami gun show. Walking up and down the isles checking prices. Soon found the same dealer I had purchased from 6 mos earlier, and they had an assortment of LCP's on the table. We discussed/agreed on a price. His wife/assistant said "pick the one you want", to me, "they should all be the same, doesn't matter," and I just pointed to one.

As she was packing it up into the box, she dropped the gun onto the concrete floor.

So she reached out and grabbed another random box/gun on the display table. Purchase made, I drove home, threw the gun onto the workbench and went upstairs to watch the Monaco F1, then Indy 500.

This morning I went downstairs to the garage, picked up the new gun/box, and stacked it atop the box from 6 mos ago while waiting for the new trigger parts and mags to arrive later this week.

Something caught my attention, and I did a double take. Did a triple check. Then physically checked the guns.

Sure enough, they are sequential serial #'s, ******** 206 & 207 !!!!

Could not have planned it or arranged it even if I had tried, especially for a mass produced pocket gun, with gazillions made/sold.
I'll tell you what rule we applied sir.
We applied rule 303.
We caught them and we shot them under rule 303!

Harry "Breaker" Morant
Captain Steinbrenner

Post by Captain Steinbrenner »

You should play the lottery my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

That's pretty cool.

Couple of months ago I heard a three digit case number issued over the police radio. No big deal. A few minutes later, I issued a ticket book to someone and it had the same three digit number on it. I stated "Wow, I should play the lottery with that number!" but, being that I don't play the lottery, didn't bother. The next day, one of my employees asked if I played the number, and I said no. "You should have." It was the same number.
Dr. Dickie

Post by Dr. Dickie »

Damn, now that is an odd coincidence. Very cool.
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

BerettaRacer wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:31 am ……The other day I decided that another LCP Max was in my future, as a dedicated carry gun for the motorcycle…..
Question: does the LCP Max fit into the LCP and LCP II holsters? Thanks.
BerettaRacer

Post by BerettaRacer »

It should.
The uppers are the same, just a slightly thicker double stack grip.
I'll tell you what rule we applied sir.
We applied rule 303.
We caught them and we shot them under rule 303!

Harry "Breaker" Morant
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Thanks