If you are a father or grandfather...breathe

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Ricordo

If you are a father or grandfather...breathe

Post by Ricordo »

"Heart-stopping video shows the moment a California man catches an out-of-control stroller with a baby inside moments before it nearly rolled onto a four-lane highway - after the woman pushing it tripped and fell.

The terrifying ordeal happened on Monday when an unidentified woman who was standing near her vehicle suddenly tripped and fell down onto the ground losing her grip on the baby stroller.

Dramatic footage then shows the stroller - with the child inside - speeding backwards towards the fast-moving intersection as the injured and panicked woman struggles to get up.

Within seconds, a Good Samaritan is seen racing towards the speeding stroller and catches it with just seconds to spare. Another passerby runs over to help the woman who was still on the ground and barely able to stand up..." https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... falls.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... 7931614802
Let's Go Brandon
jr81452

Post by jr81452 »

The horror that poor woman must have experienced. Knowing what was about to happen, but unable to overcome her injury. This could have been so awful for everyone involved. Thank god that guy had situational awareness. If he'd been playing with his phone...
Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities - Voltaire

Zealot: noun 1. a person who is fanatical and uncompromising in pursuit of their religious, political, or other ideals.
Ricordo

Post by Ricordo »

I found it very disturbing to watch the beginning of that video even though I had previously read the story and knew the outcome. I can imagine the horror, as you put it, that the woman felt. It was sheer desperation. As later reported, she was the baby's great aunt. And her knees were left bleeding by the incident.

The man had just finished an employment interview. And then he sprung into action. Rekindles my belief in guardian angels.

"A Good Samaritan who rescued a baby boy in a stroller from rolling into speeding traffic has spoken out - revealing that he had just finished a job interview when he made the heart-stopping save.
Ron Nessman had previously been homeless for eight years, and had just interviewed at a nearby Applebee's restaurant in Hesperia, California, when he saw the stroller rolling directly toward the main road..."
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ed-replace

It is reported that he got the job... :D
Let's Go Brandon
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

It would seem if she didn't hit every all you can eat buffet in town, this would have never happened.
Don't people have any pride in their appearance and health anymore?
Outgunu

Post by Outgunu »

Right place, right time.
osprey21

Post by osprey21 »

Chigger wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 10:30 am It would seem if she didn't hit every all you can eat buffet in town, this would have never happened.
:lol:

Stand back, boys... Narcissus has spoken!

Believe nothing the MSM tells you.
jr81452

Post by jr81452 »

osprey21 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 7:04 pm
Chigger wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 10:30 am It would seem if she didn't hit every all you can eat buffet in town, this would have never happened.
:lol:

Stand back, boys... Narcissus has spoken!
Unfortunately, the world seems full of them anymore. Just look at the comments on the article itself; 80% perfect people who "would never have" or "can't believe she did/didn't". It really is a pandemic of "infallible perfection", from the comfort of their keyboards. What happened to our country's ability to recognize "shit happens"?
Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities - Voltaire

Zealot: noun 1. a person who is fanatical and uncompromising in pursuit of their religious, political, or other ideals.
Ricordo

Post by Ricordo »

If you try to eat only rabbit for a period of 30 days, as much as you want, you will die of starvation before the 30 days are up. Link that with the pouches that astronauts eat while in space, around 4x5 inches in size. That takes care of any nutritional needs they have.

So it all boils down to what you eat and the size of the portions. A couple of BK whoppers with cheese and French fries and a milkshake might be sufficient for a logger to have for breakfast but it's overkill for those with sedentary lifestyles. That's why they give you, in a hospital, the "crap" they serve and in the quantity you get. Because that's what your body needs to maintain weight and nutrition.

In addition, your very own bio-chemistry and metabolism will dictate if you will gain or lose weight. Most people either don't realize that or don't have a care in the world about it. All the women---but for one, in my immediate family are overweight. And if I remind them of what I've just written here---it's called nagging.

Fwiw, I'm 6" tall and now 175 lbs. Down from 220 lbs. since November of last year. After getting a "cold" in November, the flu in December and Covid in January (my third bout). That also helps...
Let's Go Brandon