Bank fail and Social Security

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

wjbarricklow wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:48 pm I wasn't calling out anyone specifically.

You don't get shit at 62. I just looked at my numbers for what I've put in so far.

62- $1869
67- $2655 ("full retirement age" whatever that means)
70- $3292

My 5K/month neighbor retired early at 62. I think he's in his 70s.

But I can't do that. Can you imagine what $1869 is going to be worth in 11 years when I'm 62?
BINGO

Retirement requires planning.
No planning, you will have to work until you die.
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

If anyone has been here for any length of time on earth, this is just another financial turning. We've been here before, it will happen again up and until the gov't takes control of everyone's money if that happens. Banks have been going under since the first bank. Most of the time they are bought out.
Those who plan on these turns, will come thru just fine. Those who don't, good luck.

I remember having a mortgage at 16% interest at one short time way back when, Long gas lines, rationed gas, empty grocery stores and cars without factory AC, people lined up at places to sell off grandmas gold and silver.

My mom was one of those who never saved a dime, no pension and crap SS of 1200 a month. Came to live with my wife and I cause she had a 300k mortgage on her house from refinancing to go on cruises for 15 years and not realizing you have to pay piper. 25 years in a home and got 25k at sale at 82.
Had to go on medicade for an assisted living facility when she got too sick to care for and dies 6 months later.

Life sucks, then you die.