Get up, you sleepyheads--time for your annual DST bitching posts

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
tector

Get up, you sleepyheads--time for your annual DST bitching posts

Post by tector »

Might as well try to corrall them all in one place.

The great Steve Sailer on the subject: https://www.unz.com/isteve/daylight-sav ... -to-be-on/
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

Please dump the bogus saving of daylight.
Stay on standard time.
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

Don't you know that DST is Racist?

That fact will cause it to be canceled. :lol:
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

P5 Guy wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:53 am Please dump the bogus saving of daylight.
Stay on standard time.
B..b..but it gives more daylight! (Someone had to say it, so I'll take one for the team)
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

REDinFL wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:17 am
P5 Guy wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:53 am Please dump the bogus saving of daylight.
Stay on standard time.
B..b..but it gives more daylight! (Someone had to say it, so I'll take one for the team)
In the afternoon, perhaps, but if you ever experienced DST in the NYC area in February (as happened to me in the early-mid 70's..), you'll want to keep Standard time. I need the daylight more in the mornings than the afternoons. Helps me wake up. I even recall visiting Seattle once in the November time frame. Much further north than NYC in latitude, and the effects of daylight are much more pronounced. It got dark at like 4:10p. :shock: But I got used to it, after a while. Not that much different than NYC (getting dark at 4:50p at the same time). But to wake up to dark, wait for the school bus in the dark, arrive at school in the dark, and see sunrise only after your first class begins, HORRENDOUS! :mrgreen:
BerettaRacer

Post by BerettaRacer »

Stay on standard time.
Sorry, just the opposite here.
Full time DST, let the sun shine in!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I'll tell you what rule we applied sir.
We applied rule 303.
We caught them and we shot them under rule 303!

Harry "Breaker" Morant
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:52 am
REDinFL wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:17 am
Stay on standard time.
In the afternoon, perhaps, but if you ever experienced DST in the NYC area in February (as happened to me in the early-mid 70's..), you'll want to keep Standard time. I need the daylight more in the mornings than the afternoons. Helps me wake up. I even recall visiting Seattle once in the November time frame. Much further north than NYC in latitude, and the effects of daylight are much more pronounced. It got dark at like 4:10p. :shock: But I got used to it, after a while. Not that much different than NYC (getting dark at 4:50p at the same time). But to wake up to dark, wait for the school bus in the dark, arrive at school in the dark, and see sunrise only after your first class begins, HORRENDOUS! :mrgreen:
I know all about those, which was the point of the parenthetical statement. Erroneously, I thought a "/s" was unneeded.
Standard time is standard because the 12 noon is correct to the position of the sun.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
photohause

Post by photohause »

I thought this topic was banned?
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
BerettaRacer

Post by BerettaRacer »

Dude, I grew up in Maine, your WhaaaaWhaaaa crying about getting up in the dark in NYC or Seattle is meaningless. On top of that I had to get up around 5 AM to deliver papers.

It's winter, deal with it.

Your own words " It got dark at like 4:10p. :shock: But I got used to it, after a while. Well you'd get used to getting up in the dark too for some light to get things done in the afternoon.

We live in Fla now, let the sun shine in, on DST!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

https://www.bing.com/videos/rivervie...6&&FORM=VRDGAR
I'll tell you what rule we applied sir.
We applied rule 303.
We caught them and we shot them under rule 303!

Harry "Breaker" Morant
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

BerettaRacer wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:27 am
Dude, I grew up in Maine, your WhaaaaWhaaaa crying about getting up in the dark in NYC or Seattle is meaningless. On top of that I had to get up around 5 AM to deliver papers.
And, had I grown up in Maine like you, I probably *would* have gotten used to it like you. I didn't. We all have different experiences. No one's is "better" than another's.
BerettaRacer wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:27 am We live in Fla now, let the sun shine in, on DST!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Where there's not much change at all in re: of daylight vs. darkness due to seasonal change. FL being a lot lower in latitude than NYC or Maine. So it really wouldn't matter all that much, here. Still, I'd rather have more in the morning.