DeSantis says he supports open carry in audio recorded from gun rights group

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
lighteye

Post by lighteye »

A right spicy thread.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

tector wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:27 pm Great. Now try to make two consecutive posts not obsessing about it.
I will if you will.
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

Lets remember DeSantis maybe running for president. Coming out for open carry will be a boom for those(and there are a bunch) who lock themselves in their homes waiting for a revolution to venture out and vote for him. All the votes count. Hell ya Merica!

Since he well knows that the legislature won't pass it, its a win, win. And no one who votes for conservatives in this state are going to vote democrat to get even or sit out the next vote because if you do, your a worse piece of scum than those who vote democrat cause your throwing a vote away because you don't like how their playing in the sandbox so your gonna take your toys and go home crying.

Being an instructor for over 30 years there are just too many dumb asses who have no business carrying a gun let alone open carrying it. Constitution or not.
Been to an range lately? Anyone really want those jug heads open carrying? Most can't balance a check book let alone hit a target.

I know its not a popular position, but reality is reality. Using a gun properly takes training and practice especially when adrenaline is flowing.
Read the FBI stats on police and civilian shootings and how many rounds are fired vs hits and how many rounds go astray into innocent people, homes and other objects.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:01 pm
tector wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:49 pm
FfNJGTFO wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:04 pm

I think they *will* risk pissing off DeSantis voters but, perhaps, a bit further down the road. Yes, we may very well get Open carry, "this time." But it will mean absolutely nothing if, a few months later (or next year), the legislature enacts "No gun"signs with the force of law. Even if DeSantis vetoes it, could that veto survive an override?

Trust me, I'm not at all opposed to Open carry for those who want it. And it may, very well, offer me one direct benefit in that it takes away some "discretion" from overzealous LEOs that enjoy arresting/harassing people who carry concealed, but accidentally expose their firearm. That said, I can't support OC if the cost is having "no gun" signs with the force of law. Can Gov. DeSantis guarantee he'll veto that, and that his veto will survive an override attempt?
Seriously, I think you are the only person here obsessed with this "force of law" BS. I'd prefer it not happen, but if does, it's not the end of the world.
Tell me that after a year of having to gear down/up each time you go to the grocery store, or any other store, for that matter... or any other place where you could carry concealed now but can no longer. You may not think it the "end of the world" and, to be honest, neither do I. But I think it a significant PITA that I don't want to deal with and shouldn't have to.
tector wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:49 pmThat's the rule in Texas, for example.

Take a valium, man.
No Valium needed or desired. I'm only trying to prevent something from happening that could be prevented.. If it does happen, I'll live with it, but while I can still fight it, I'll do my best to fight it. I'd be curious to see how many in Texas and Ohio think it "not the end of the world" than did before it was implemented.
I see it's still the same here since I've been gone :lol: glad to be back.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS