What’s the latest on the AR pistols?

Discussions on all the Black Rifle variants of all calibers and manufacturers.
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

Saburai wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:41 am
N4KVE wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:56 am The news hit yesterday. But anyone who had a braced pistol before yesterday can get the stamp for free. This is good for 120 days. This was always a SBR loophole. How many people actually used their brace like it was meant to be used by a disabled person? GARY.
I recently ordered a pistol lower from PSA for a .300blk build. Do you know if the grace period is from the date of purchase or is it the date of transfer?
I would assume the date you "manufacture" it by putting all the parts together.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Wakko wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:19 am
N4KVE wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:56 am How many people actually used their brace like it was meant to be used by a disabled person? GARY.
Nobody on this forum should care.
And that’s why the ATF did what they did. GARY.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

N4KVE wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:56 am The news hit yesterday. But anyone who had a braced pistol before yesterday can get the stamp for free. This is good for 120 days. This was always a SBR loophole. How many people actually used their brace like it was meant to be used by a disabled person? GARY.
I recently ordered a pistol lower from PSA for a .300blk build. Do you know if the grace period is from the date of purchase or is it the date of transfer?
The way I understand it, the grace period started Friday the 13th. GARY.
Saburai

Post by Saburai »

N4KVE wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:28 pm
The way I understand it, the grace period started Friday the 13th. GARY.
Thanks!
I understand, 120 days from 1/13. I payed for the lower on 1/11, do you know if the grace period is from the time of purchase ( my receipt is 1/11) or if it's from the time of the FFL transfer (which is yet to occur)? If it's from the time of the transfer, I guess I'll be stuck paying for the SBR tax stamp...
tcpip95

Post by tcpip95 »

If you don’t have a brace on it, the pistol is still legal. I have an AK-47 pistol with no brace. Nothing illegal about that.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

tcpip95 wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:36 pm If you don’t have a brace on it, the pistol is still legal. I have an AK-47 pistol with no brace. Nothing illegal about that.
I laugh when I see an AK pistol with an AR buffer tube. Last gun show I worked for Ira he had a Galil pistol clone with an AR buffer tube. I asked why would a Galil need the tube. He replied “to put a brace on it”. But yet he hasn’t purchased a brace since all this crap started. And apparently there is a difference between a customer who buys a brace to put on his pistol, & a pistol that comes from the mfr with a brace. GARY
tcpip95

Post by tcpip95 »

N4KVE wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:51 pm
tcpip95 wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:36 pm If you don’t have a brace on it, the pistol is still legal. I have an AK-47 pistol with no brace. Nothing illegal about that.
I laugh when I see an AK pistol with an AR buffer tube. Last gun show I worked for Ira he had a Galil pistol clone with an AR buffer tube. I asked why would a Galil need the tube. He replied “to put a brace on it”. But yet he hasn’t purchased a brace since all this crap started. And apparently there is a difference between a customer who buys a brace to put on his pistol, & a pistol that comes from the mfr with a brace. GARY
This is mine.
PSA AK-P GF3 MOE PICATINNY PISTOL

Saburai

Post by Saburai »

EXCLUSIVE–Rep. Andrew Clyde: Do Not Register AR Pistols with ATF

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment ... stols-atf/