Howdy from Albuquerque!

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
mohshard

Post by mohshard »

I started a good job with an ESOP out here, excellent benefits and compensation and a very generous vehicle allowance. I travel a lot with work so it's fun to see the state on someone else's dime.

SP101 was a great piece, miss it but was finally able to pick up replacements for a few pieces I had to sell when the economy took a dump, a nice 629 with a 4-in barrel, and a Remington 1148. Still looking for a Finnish m39.
gforester

Post by gforester »

I lived in NM before the family moved to Florida in 1966. I really loved it there. I was in Las Cruces in the 7th and 8th grade. We used to go out in the desert on weekends and burn a lot of ammo. Sometimes we spent the weekend at Elephant Butte camping and water skiing. It was a hoot. Someday I would like to travel back and see how much has changed since I left.
ss1

Post by ss1 »

Took a NM trip way back in 2006 with the fam. Spent a couple days in Albuquerque and did a hot air balloon ride as well as the cable car up Sandia. The best thing there was a little winery that we stumbled into and had some St. Claire wine that I thought was delicious. Wound up setting up shipments home to FL which at the time was only legal if you purchased and shipped it yourself, but they kept your info card handy and would take phone in orders once you had placed an order in person the first time. We spent a lot of time up north in the Santa Fe area doing the Bandelier National Monument and hiking in the area. Honestly, the liberalism in the Santa Fe area was tolerable, but I bet it's obnoxious now.