Looks like braced pistols are SBR’s.

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

More out of curiosity, since I lost my braced AR pistol shark fishing in the Atlantic a while back, I was trying to read the AFT BS web site and I am really confused. I believe they are saying:
  • You cannot register a braced pistol as a corp? If you want it under a corp/trust, you have to register it first as an individual then transfer it to your corp/trust?

But since I have a Kommie LEO that won't sign off on anything, I established a trust to get around his Communism years ago. And I cannot use that?
  • Says the Form 1 needs CLEO sign-off. I thought they got rid of the CLEO sign off a while back, after I established my trust. Or was that for Form 4 and not this Form 1?
  • You need to submit a fingerprint card or electronically submit one, since you can only submit it as an individual and not a corp/trust. Not like they do not have enough copy of my prints from all the other NFA I have and my clearances.
  • I am still confused - once it is approved, does it need to stay as a braced pistol? Or is it just like any other SBR and I can slap on a fixed stock, fore-grip and have some fun?
Or should one that cannot get CLEO signoff just just pay the $200 stamp, register it as a real SBR under a corp/trust and be done with their Kommunist $hit?
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

CLEO approval? I thought that was gutted awhile back?
forcefed

Post by forcefed »

NorincoKid wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:00 pm CLEO approval? I thought that was gutted awhile back?
Yeah, It's just CLEO notification now
George W

Post by George W »

Flame Red wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:56 pm More out of curiosity, since I lost my braced AR pistol shark fishing in the Atlantic a while back, I was trying to read the AFT BS web site and I am really confused. I believe they are saying:
  • You cannot register a braced pistol as a corp? If you want it under a corp/trust, you have to register it first as an individual then transfer it to your corp/trust?

But since I have a Kommie LEO that won't sign off on anything, I established a trust to get around his Communism years ago. And I cannot use that?
  • Says the Form 1 needs CLEO sign-off. I thought they got rid of the CLEO sign off a while back, after I established my trust. Or was that for Form 4 and not this Form 1?
  • You need to submit a fingerprint card or electronically submit one, since you can only submit it as an individual and not a corp/trust. Not like they do not have enough copy of my prints from all the other NFA I have and my clearances.
  • I am still confused - once it is approved, does it need to stay as a braced pistol? Or is it just like any other SBR and I can slap on a fixed stock, fore-grip and have some fun?
Or should one that cannot get CLEO signoff just just pay the $200 stamp, register it as a real SBR under a corp/trust and be done with their Kommunist $hit?
You can register it as a Trust as long as the trust owned it prior to 01/17/23. For states that require registration, that's impossible. For those of us here in Florida without a registration it is pretty easy. The day after I bought my braced pistols, I transferred them to my trust and added them to my inventory sheet. All guns I buy now I add them to my trust for estate purposes, regardless of them being NFA or not. I submitted a copy of my trust inventory along with my application. I've read internet rumors that a notarized copy of my inventory may be needed, but as of yet, the ATF hasn't requested one.
Wulfmann

Post by Wulfmann »

What if you bought one (2-3-4 who remembers?) but sold it years ago cuz you just knew stupid was coming and did not want to be entangled in stupid is is being stupid with ATF?

So you sold it to avoid said obvious stupid. Had a 4473 on this/these

Any clause regarding formerly owned pistol braced lowers or lowers that were bought on a 4473 that were not deemed rifle or pistol at the time of purchase and did not have any stock mounted (And were actually used as rifle but how does one prove it now long gone?)
Augdawg

Post by Augdawg »

The Pistol Brace Rule finally hit the Federal Register.
tector

Post by tector »

Augdawg wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:17 am The Pistol Brace Rule finally hit the Federal Register.
Time for the lawsuits.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
lilwoody

Post by lilwoody »

Since they are forcing people to register them as a SBR, then after the registration goes through can't you just put a standard stock and buffer tube on them an have a real SBR?
tector

Post by tector »

lilwoody wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:43 am Since they are forcing people to register them as a SBR, then after the registration goes through can't you just put a standard stock and buffer tube on them an have a real SBR?
As I understand it, yes. But there are people who have studied the issue more carefully than me, so hopefully they will chime in.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
George W

Post by George W »

tector wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:34 pm
lilwoody wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:43 am Since they are forcing people to register them as a SBR, then after the registration goes through can't you just put a standard stock and buffer tube on them an have a real SBR?
As I understand it, yes. But there are people who have studied the issue more carefully than me, so hopefully they will chime in.
*Yes

*This is as fucked up as a Football bat. The ATF is treating it like any other Form1 to SBR, EXCEPT, they dropped the engraving requirement. A Form1 by definition is an Application to Make and Register a Firearm. However, the actual manufacturer is listed on the paperwork, treating the gun as if it is a factory built SBR, which would require it to be on a Form 4 by law. If you register it under the "Free Form1", it would be in your best interest to have it engraved like you would any other SBR. Somewhere down the road, a registered SBR under this plan is going to get an unsuspecting heir jail time because they'll assume it to be a pistol, selling as such only to find out later it is a rifle (once a rifle, always a rifle.)