Looking at moving back to FL- any input?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Ger42

Post by Ger42 »

Moved to CA to be closer to our son. If my wife passes before me I'll be back in FL
tector

Post by tector »

Ger42 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:52 pm Moved to CA to be closer to our son. If my wife passes before me I'll be back in FL
Hey Ger, good to hear from you. If you do move back, you'll have to avoid Plantation I'm afraid. WAY crazy expensive now and they are wedging apartments in everywhere.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Off To The Races

Post by Off To The Races »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:38 pm
wjbarricklow wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:02 pm I have 10 acres for sale south of Live Oak, between Live Oak and Branford. Not close to anything. I'm okay with being 20-30 minutes from the nearest Walmart. My wife isn't crazy about it.

Branford is not a bad little town, but keeps getting bigger. There's a McDonald's and Dollar General there.

Area is gun friendly. I have a neighbor, an Indian guy from London. The first time the kids and I went shooting out there, he came over with a white flag and told us he surrendered.
As it turns out, Britany Murphy's Father, Angelo, lives in Branford.

It also has (I think it still has) one of the very best all you can eat buffet diners called the "Sister's Cafe." Roughly $10.00 all you can eat lunch. And I mean the absolute best Fried Chicken, Chicken Fried Steak, side dishes, popcorn shrimp, everything! And it's a really nice break for the locals because it's low in cost and gives them a great value. If you're in the area, plan on having lunch there. Open 7 days a week 10:30a = 2:30p Open until 8:00p on Friday and Saturday. Get there before noon to get good seats. And on Friday evening and Sunday Brunch, you have to wait to be seated. It's totally crowded.
I can second this! Been to the buffet there many times and it’s great. The spring in Branford a little down the road from the buffet is also very nice.