Anyone hit the Lakeland Show today ????

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Villafuego

Anyone hit the Lakeland Show today ????

Post by Villafuego »

Debating on whether I want to burn the gas and pay the admission tomorrow..... I've got a strong desire to find a .45 Colt New Service, or Smith Triple Lock

Anybody go today? How was it?
George W

Post by George W »

Yes. My son and I got there about 10 and the line was already a couple of hundred people long. Inside, it was packed. There was a few decent deals to be had, but of course there are still some guys trying to get $.75/round for 9mm, and hawking beat up shit for over new MSRP. All in all, a very decent show, reminding me of the old days when the LRPC show took up both rooms at the Civic Center.

As an aside, why is it that the smelliest people always seem to want to get nut to butt in the aisles?
pharmer

Post by pharmer »

It was worth the drive. Didn't see the particular guns you mentioned but they might have been there. It is still a true gun show unlike the "travelling Shoot Straight rodeo" every 6 weeks. You can actually tote in a gun and sell it without getting a "tresspass" hassle although the walk-ins were trying to get a down payment for a new house out of a sale. Joe
Keep Today Fresh
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

Got there about 11:00 (?) Sat. and no waiting, walked right up to ticket window.
$1.00 0ff for first responders and vets!

Way smaller show than it used to be but still one of the best in regards to seeing virtually any kind of firearm.
Saw everything from a Matchlock rifle to latest semi-autos and everything in between.

A nice blend of collectable stuff along with tables featuring new polymer striker pistols.

Better than the for-mentioned "traveling Shoot Straight shows".

Sold 2 pistols I wasn't using.
Villafuego

Post by Villafuego »

A little disappointed that I missed it ...... Just didn't feel light fighting the traffic from Land O Lakes.....

Will definitely hit the Hernando show this weekend though .....although it's much smaller.
osprey21

Post by osprey21 »

Villafuego wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:58 am A little disappointed that I missed it ...... Just didn't feel light fighting the traffic from Land O Lakes.....
Same here - just gettin' old I guess.... I used to go every year but these days the 150mi, 4hr round trip from Holmes Beach is a bit hard for me to justify.
Believe nothing the MSM tells you.