Looks like braced pistols are SBR’s.

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
tector

Post by tector »

wjbarricklow wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:37 pm Whole thing is ridiculous anyway.

I get the idea of banning short barreled shotgun and rifles when they had handguns in the bill. You can't ban handguns when everyone owns a saw. So you have to ban short rifles and shotguns, too.

Taking handguns out of the bill and banning the shotguns and rifles was absolutely stupid. It's ridiculous that almost a hundred years later we're having to argue the most absurd technicalities of the law.
Try to imagine any of the Founders hearing of this type of idiocy, most specifically from the Federal government, which was supposed to be one of limited, enumerated (only) powers. About as insane as a government being able to tell you what plant you can grow.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Casual

Post by Casual »

I just came across some people talking about a 922.r issue now with this ruling, on imported pistols with braces not complying...

Only recourse is destruction, not a form 1 sbr issue... a 922.r issue

PCC's... B&T? Etc
tcpip95

Post by tcpip95 »

If you haven't done so already, here's where you can send an email off to your representatives in Congress and the Senate.

https://www.gunowners.org/na01162023/
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

wjbarricklow wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:30 pm
N4KVE wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:36 am
wjbarricklow wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:08 am

What's the ATF going to do when people just start putting the buffer tubes up to their shoulders? All AR pistols are SBRs?
People have been doing that for years. Nobody ever said that was illegal because the buffer tube is not a stock, & is required for an AR to work. GARY.
Well, that's not fair to you, having spent all that money to register your SBRs.
Didn’t affect me. First of all, my SBR’s were created before the brace loophole existed. One is a V51P, a HK91 pistol, so it obviously has the HK collapsible stock. The other is a milled AK Krink, with the underfolder stock. It was built as a rifle with a pinned phony suppressor which was removed when the stamp arrived. So neither of my SBR’s would have worked with a brace. And from what I’ve observed, most braced pustols are US made AR15’s where 922 is moot. GARY.
Casual

Post by Casual »

N4KVE wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:57 pm
N4KVE wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:36 am
People have been doing that for years. Nobody ever said that was illegal because the buffer tube is not a stock, & is required for an AR to work. GARY.
Well, that's not fair to you, having spent all that money to register your SBRs.
Didn’t affect me. First of all, my SBR’s were created before the brace loophole existed. One is a V51P, a HK91 pistol, so it obviously has the HK collapsible stock. The other is a milled AK Krink, with the underfolder stock. It was built as a rifle with a pinned phony suppressor which was removed when the stamp arrived. So neither of my SBR’s would have worked with a brace. And from what I’ve observed, most braced pustols are US made AR15’s where 922 is moot. GARY.
AK-v
B&t KH9, APC, GHM
Stribog
Mp5 type
Lwrc .45
Scorpion Evo

There a lot that are not AR based
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Casual wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:25 pm AK-v
B&t KH9, APC, GHM
Stribog
Mp5 type
Lwrc .45
Scorpion Evo

Agreed. I’m simply saying when I’m at a gun show, & walk it before the show opens, it seems 99% of the braced pustols I see are AR15’s. GARY.
tector

Post by tector »

Casual wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:25 pm

AK-v
B&t KH9, APC, GHM
Stribog
Mp5 type
Lwrc .45
Scorpion Evo

This could be a blessing. I mean that in the sense of challenging the entire rule making bullshit process of the ATF. The more drastic the consequences of that rule making, the more skeptical a conservative court might be.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

tector wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:07 pm
Casual wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:25 pm
AK-v
B&t KH9, APC, GHM
Stribog
Mp5 type
Lwrc .45
Scorpion Evo

This could be a blessing. I mean that in the sense of challenging the entire rule making bullshit process of the ATF. The more drastic the consequences of that rule making, the more skeptical a conservative court might be.
Yes
The more people this screws over the louder the opposition (hopefully).
BerettaRacer

Post by BerettaRacer »

I don't have any SBR's or braces so I don't have a dog in this hunt, but I stumbled across this vid that MAY be of interest to you.

I'll tell you what rule we applied sir.
We applied rule 303.
We caught them and we shot them under rule 303!

Harry "Breaker" Morant
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Hope this doesn’t slow down the approval times of Form 4’s. GARY.