Looks like braced pistols are SBR’s.

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
tector

Post by tector »

wjbarricklow wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:25 pm "Quisling". That was a new one on me.

Agreed.
Just proves how old I am.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Wulfmann

Post by Wulfmann »

tcpip95

Post by tcpip95 »

Agree with @tector on this. Each time there is an "OK, this is no big deal" (i.e. bump stocks, braced pistols, numerically-specific magazine capacities), a little bit more of the toothpaste is squeezed out of the tube. Once it's out of the tube, you never get it back in.
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

I won’t be registering anything!
I would rather remove the evil brace and wrap foam around the buffer tube!
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

I don't even do that. I shoot my AR10 A4 configuration like a pistol, from the hip just like Schwarzenneger.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

45caldan wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:11 am I won’t be registering anything!
I would rather remove the evil brace and wrap foam around the buffer tube!
This is what I would do if I owned a braced pistol, which I don’t. But I do have some expensive postage stamps on a trust. GARY
tector

Post by tector »

I certainly would not recommend that people run out and register anything right now--you have 4 months. Let's see if court action happens in the first 3 months of that period. If you prefer to register instead of tossing the brace, you'll still have plenty of time to do that later.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
George W

Post by George W »

tector wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:19 pm I certainly would not recommend that people run out and register anything right now--you have 4 months. Let's see if court action happens in the first 3 months of that period. If you prefer to register instead of tossing the brace, you'll still have plenty of time to do that later.
I jumped in quick for two that I had planned to SBR anyways. I quite literally had them all set in my eForms queue when the rule hit.
tector

Post by tector »

Fair enough, George. But for the people worried about registering, just hold off a bit.
Flashooter22

Post by Flashooter22 »

Thats where im at as well...I have some SBRs in the works anyway that I was planning on registering, might as well do it for free. If you are on the fence, I would definetly wait and see. The rule hasnt even been officially published in the register yet so the 120 days technically has not even started.