Looks like braced pistols are SBR’s.

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
tcpip95

Post by tcpip95 »

If you don’t have a brace on it, it’s just a pistol. I don’t need a brace on my AK-47 to shoot it accurately enough.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Big_mike wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:15 pm Man, I'm not even halfway down page 1 of worksheet 4999 and nearly every brace I know of is over 4 points.

...and the goddamn criteria document on atf.gov is 293 pages!!!!
https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulatio ... f/download
Form 4999 is no longer relevant. See Page 9 of the ruling.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

Just a small point. For us here in Florida, if you file this document into the Kommie system, does that not admit you were violating Florida law and providing evidence to that effect? Just asking, mine is sitting in the bottom of the Atlantic after I accidentally dropped it shark fishing...

I am no lawyer, but stayed at a Holiday Inn where my lawyer once stayed... But I think it is pretty clear reading their Gooberment Kommie web site that this Form 1 would be for a brace only and if you convert it to fixed stock SBR, sure you can do it, but if take it shooting and some Stasi Fed Agent decides to exerts their Kommie authority and they come after ya aren't they are going to get ya? You may end up sitting in Leavenworth for 100 years without a hearing like they like to do to political prisoners now.

Just asking...
George W wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:51 am
N4KVE wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:42 am
Wakko wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:08 am

I've not seen evidence of this anywhere. Have you?
The ATF is planning this registration period without a $200 tax stamp payment, as a legal CYA measure, so that they cannot be accused of making an uncompensated “taking.”
In addition to the usual fingerprinting nonsense, they now want a photo of the gun attached to the registration forms, for their future reference. This is requiring the creation of a new version of the ATF Form 1.
The amnesty will apparently only cover arm-brace-equipped pistols that you already have in your possession when the amnesty begins — no other SBRs. Nor will it cover pistols to which you attach a traditional buttstock — hence the requirement to attach a photo of the arm-brace-equipped pistol to your ATF Form 1. This, I assume, would tie your hands, meaning you can’t later retrofit this quasi-SBR with a traditional stock, unless you re-register it with a $200 tax stamp. The ATF wants to redefine arm braces as “stocks”, yet they won’t let you retrofit a braced pistol-SBR with the stock of your choice? What silliness. So, it seems that they will be creating a new sub-category of configuration-frozen braced SBRs.
If registered during the amnesty period, they will waive the $200 transfer tax stamp for the first time each arm-brace-equipped pistol SBR is registered. If you later gift it or sell it, then the new owner would have to pay a $200 transfer tax. One key question is: Would that SBR then no longer be considered configuration-frozen? We’ll have to wait and see what they make up as their fickle ruling du jour.
Don’t expect the amnesty period to run for more than a month or two.
GARY.
The ATF set up a separate web site to handle only these types of Form 1s.
The amnesty period is 120 days.
The photo requirement for the brace SBR is the same as for any other eForm 1, a close up photo of engravings on the serialized parts.
The eForm 1 is for an SBR, so once it is done, you can brace it, stock it, or anything else you'd do with an SBR. This isn't some special Brace to SBR designation.

How do I know? I submitted an eForm 1 on Friday night.
News Flash:

AR Pistol with Brace just found in Hunter's bedroom in Biden's house! :lol:

Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Flame Red wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:23 am Just a small point. For us here in Florida, if you file this document into the Kommie system, does that not admit you were violating Florida law and providing evidence to that effect? Just asking, mine is sitting in the bottom of the Atlantic after I accidentally dropped it shark fishing...

I am no lawyer, but stayed at a Holiday Inn where my lawyer once stayed... But I think it is pretty clear reading their Gooberment Kommie web site that this Form 1 would be for a brace only and if you convert it to fixed stock SBR, sure you can do it, but if take it shooting and some Stasi Fed Agent decides to exerts their Kommie authority and they come after ya aren't they are going to get ya? You may end up sitting in Leavenworth for 100 years without a hearing like they like to do to political prisoners now.

Just asking...
What Florida law?

The ruling states you can keep the braced configuration as-is once application is submitted, until approval.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

10. ONCE THE FIREARM IS REGISTERED AS A SHORT-BARRELED RIFLE (SBR) CAN I REMOVE/CHANGE THE
“STABILIZING BRACE” OR ATTACH AN ITEM MARKETED AS A STOCK? IF SO, AM I REQUIRED TO NOTIFY ATF
IN ADVANCE?

• Yes, the firearm is registered as an SBR, and you can change out the “brace” device or stock for a
different brace or stock. You do not need to contact ATF/NFA because changing the brace/stock
does not change the configuration of the SBR. However, if the length of the firearm has changed
you will need to notify the NFA Division.
tector

Post by tector »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:08 am
Flame Red wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:23 am Just a small point. For us here in Florida, if you file this document into the Kommie system, does that not admit you were violating Florida law and providing evidence to that effect? Just asking, mine is sitting in the bottom of the Atlantic after I accidentally dropped it shark fishing...

Just asking...
What Florida law?

The ruling states you can keep the braced configuration as-is once application is submitted, until approval.
Maybe he meant 790.221, although plainly these "new" SBRs should still be exempt under subsection (3). Either that or he was confusing the bump-stock issue.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Villafuego

Post by Villafuego »

George W wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:08 am
N4KVE wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:49 pm
tector wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:42 pm You seem to have swallowed regime narratives and logic wholesale--too bad for you, but not necessarily binding on the rest of us.
Not quite. I own two SBR’s that I properly obtained by purchasing two stamps before the brace loophole existed. So then a few years later people who are not disabled figure they can use a brace to avoid the SBR stamp. So I wasted my $400? Imagine if you were left $ by a relative who died, & you blew it at Vito’s on a few FA weapons. You take delivery, & a few weeks later the “list” is declared illegal, new guns can be added, & suddenly an AR is $500, & the $200 stamp, & $100 for the FA parts. You’d feel pretty bad that what you spent $65K for, & was a great deal at the time, is now $2000. How would Vito feel as he watched his million dollar inventory shrink to 1/10 the value. If I gotta buy a stamp for my SBR, then so does every body. GARY.
This shit is exactly why the Post May 86 ban still stands. Lots of fat cats with large stashes of FA lobbying to keep the registry closed. These same assholes head up and belong to our alleged "Gun Rights" groups, selling us out to enrich themselves.

Fudds are gonna Fudd
If you think for an instant that the only thing keeping legislation that would repeal the NFA, Title-II of the GCA, and 922(o) from sailing thru the house and senate is some cabal of MG owning illuminati, looking to "protect their investments", then you're completely out of touch with reality
George W

Post by George W »

Villafuego wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:58 am
If you think for an instant that the only thing keeping legislation that would repeal the NFA, Title-II of the GCA, and 922(o) from sailing thru the house and senate is some cabal of MG owning illuminati, looking to "protect their investments", then you're completely out of touch with reality
Not the ONLY reason, but definitely A reason. To pretend otherwise is likewise delusional.
tector

Post by tector »

There is no "only."

Most of us are aware how this originally went down with Charlie Rangel (rest in Hell) in the House in 1986. That was just full commie bullshit.

And full commie bullshit is the main reason it is not undone. But it would be foolish to deny that this FCB has been successfully sold to the general public (which is now 10x more retarded than even 1986), so there is no majority sentiment to undo the deed. It would poll very badly, unfortunately.

However, all of that is aside from (alledgedly) non-Fudd gunowners opposing such repeal for their own selfish reasons. Frankly I despise them worse than Fudds, most of whom are just dopes. But those who know better, and would still support this egregious incursion upon the Second Amendment for their own gain, are absolute Quislings who should be treated as such.
Last edited by tector on Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
wjbarricklow

Post by wjbarricklow »

"Quisling". That was a new one on me.

Agreed.