As you consider voting, just a reminder about Wilton Simpson

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:44 pm I early voted last week. But I did abstain from voting for DOACS commissioner.
Yup! The only one I left blank!
chester field

Post by chester field »

Yup

Choosing between a shi7 sandwich and a shi7 sandwich is not a choice.

I stayed hungry on this meal.
Common Sense... so rare it's like a super power
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Looks like he won. GARY.
ORLANDO, Fla. – Republican Wilton Simpson flipped the Agriculture Commissioner position for his party and defeated Naomi Blemur on Tuesday evening, according to the Associated Press.
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

Today (1/10/23) on the news they reported he wants to place a $10,000 fine on any credit card company using a code on gun and ammo purchases in Florida each time they use one!
Sounds like he’s supporting us to me…
tector

Post by tector »

45caldan wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:11 pm Today (1/10/23) on the news they reported he wants to place a $10,000 fine on any credit card company using a code on gun and ammo purchases in Florida each time they use one!
The prevailing wind in Florida is DeSantis, and this is a DeSantisian move. SOMEBODY has to be the GOP nominee for governor in 2026 after all.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
tcpip95

Post by tcpip95 »

tector wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:13 pm
45caldan wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:11 pm Today (1/10/23) on the news they reported he wants to place a $10,000 fine on any credit card company using a code on gun and ammo purchases in Florida each time they use one!
The prevailing wind in Florida is DeSantis, and this is a DeSantisian move. SOMEBODY has to be the GOP nominee for governor in 2026 after all.
I wish that DeSantis would NOT run in 2024. I am so fed up with the Republican party that I want to see it totally blown up and dismantled at the Federal level (keep the down-ballot candidates at the state and local levels). The only way that will happen though is for Trump to run as a 3rd party candidate, and the MAGA politicians rally around him. It will be a resounding loss for both the 3rd party and the Republican party, but it will completely break down the shit-show that is the Republican party. Yes, the Dems will have all control, but so what? They have it now through chicanery anyways. Better to see the likes of McCarthy and McConnell shit all over.
tector

Post by tector »

tcpip95 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:52 pm
tector wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:13 pm
I wish that DeSantis would NOT run in 2024. I am so fed up with the Republican party that I want to see it totally blown up and dismantled at the Federal level (keep the down-ballot candidates at the state and local levels). The only way that will happen though is for Trump to run as a 3rd party candidate, and the MAGA politicians rally around him. It will be a resounding loss for both the 3rd party and the Republican party, but it will completely break down the shit-show that is the Republican party. Yes, the Dems will have all control, but so what? They have it now through chicanery anyways. Better to see the likes of McCarthy and McConnell shit all over.
Well whether DeSantis runs for prez (and wins) in '24 or not, the GOP will need a nominee for FL governor in '26. So they are all going to pose as DeSantis II, given the success of that brand here.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

tector wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:44 pm Well whether or not DeSantis runs for prez (and wins) in '24 or not, the GOP will need a nominee for FL governor in '26. So they are all going to pose as DeSantis II, given the success of that brand here.
This. ^^^

Even the most ignorant gubernatorial candidate can see the success DeSantis has enjoyed here and his popularity nationwide. Look for Republican hopefuls across the country to try and emulate him. Simpson is just an opportunist like Charlie Crist - hoisting his sail to catch any wind that'll blow him in the direction he wants to go. Remember how narrowly DeSantis beat the bisexual crackhead in 2018? My guess is Simpson didn't want to advance any gun bills as Senate President because it might have hurt his ambitions for higher office with the moderate Democrats and independents. Now that he sees which way Florida is going, I bet he's going to hold himself out as the champion of all things conservative.

This response to the credit card companies is not unique, and it's not Simpson's idea - he just happens to be in the state job that handles consumer affairs, so he's the logical one to make the announcement. There's a whole coalition of states that are pushing back on this - here's a news report from three months ago out of Tennessee:

tector

Post by tector »

Sounds about right, Odessaman. It will be this clown, Ashley Moody, and God knows who else. Maybe Pam Bondi will come back, too.
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

tector wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:20 pm Sounds about right, Odessaman. It will be this clown, Ashley Moody, and God knows who else. Maybe Pam Bondi will come back, too.
Yep - I can see that slate. Bondi is hitting just enough soft balls on Fox News as a "guest analyst" to stay relevant to low info voters.