I think I pissed off Fred Guttenberg

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Miami_JBT

I think I pissed off Fred Guttenberg

Post by Miami_JBT »

Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
Racer88

Post by Racer88 »

Looks like an NRA hat with the NRA logo photoshopped out. Hmmmmm.

The obsession with deliberately provocative open carry "fishing" events is why I dropped out of FC.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor | Certified Range Safety Officer | NRA Patron Life Member
ADulay

Post by ADulay »

Racer88 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:21 am The obsession with deliberately provocative open carry "fishing" events is why I dropped out of FC.
The obsession with deliberately provocative open carry "fishing" events is why I'm still a member of FC. 8-)

AD

PS And long guns were never allowed at the FC fishing events.
Racer88

Post by Racer88 »

ADulay wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:46 pm
Racer88 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:21 am The obsession with deliberately provocative open carry "fishing" events is why I dropped out of FC.
The obsession with deliberately provocative open carry "fishing" events is why I'm still a member of FC. 8-)

AD

PS And long guns were never allowed at the FC fishing events.
I recall seeing TV news coverage of FC events with guys carrying long guns, walking through a crowded farmer's market "on their way to go fishing."
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor | Certified Range Safety Officer | NRA Patron Life Member
George W

Post by George W »

Racer88 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:21 am Looks like an NRA hat with the NRA logo photoshopped out. Hmmmmm.

The obsession with deliberately provocative open carry "fishing" events is why I dropped out of FC.
That, and the refusal to go after the real power turns me off. They go after the Politicians instead of groups like the FRF, the Florida COC, Walmart, and the Jenkins family who actually pull the levers of power in Florida with their contributions. The biggest reason why no one seems to go after the cabal is because "their guys" take money from them too.

Due to term limits, politicians come and go, but the cabal of anti-freedom groups carries on.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

George W wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:49 pm
Racer88 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:21 am Looks like an NRA hat with the NRA logo photoshopped out. Hmmmmm.

That, and the refusal to go after the real power turns me off. They go after the Politicians instead of groups like the FRF, the Florida COC, Walmart, and the Jenkins family who actually pull the levers of power in Florida with their contributions. The biggest reason why no one seems to go after the cabal is because "their guys" take money from them too.

Due to term limits, politicians come and go, but the cabal of anti-freedom groups carries on.
Don't forget "The Rodent!" :twisted:
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

All I will say is, "be really careful for what one asks."

I know many want constitutional carry. But I think what they really want is "open carry." And I hope we all understand what comes with that. That being, "no guns allowed" signs that have the force of law. If we get either constitutional carry or open carry (or both), "The Rodent" and the FRF will insist on no gun signs having the force of law, where they do not have that force, currently. It's happened pretty much everywhere a state recently adopted Constitutional carry (Tx with 30.05 signs as an example). It almost happened the last time we tried Constitutional Carry here in FL, and the only way to stop them was to abandon the pursuit of Constitutional Carry/Open Carry.

I don't mind renewing my FL CWFL every 7 years and paying $50.00 for it at my tax collector's office. It also helps in a way that constitutional carry won't be so helpful.... "reciprocity among the states." With my FL resident and UT non resident licenses, I have almost every 2A friendly state covered. The only way we could do that is via "National Constitutional Carry and Reciprocity." Good luck with that!

Just be careful what you ask for... If you really want Constitutional/Open Carry here in FL, as stated above, you're going to have to deal with "The Rodent/FRF," first, before you even touch the FL legislature.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

And remember, you’ll still need to have the carry permit to purchase a firearm from a FFL, to take it home that day. You’d be surprised how many cops can’t take their purchase with them because they don’t have the carry permit. They don’t need it to carry off duty, but they do need it to take home their purchase. Many people who purchase firearms from the FFL I’m working for at any given gun show have no desire to carry at all. But they got the CWP only to be able to make a purchase, & take it home the same day. GARY.
Last edited by N4KVE on Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Outgunu

Post by Outgunu »

First I would like to say I am extremally pro gun. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I have always been told that open carry was legal here in Florida until gangbangers etc., started open carrying and it made people very, very uneasy. I live in Jacksonville and it's been going downhill crime wise for years so I'm not sure I'm onboard for open carry if that's the case...
wjbarricklow

Post by wjbarricklow »

My only concern about constitutional carry is that it might reduce the number of concealed weapons permits. 2 million permits is a lot of voters, and it's pretty hard for our state legislators and leaders to ignore that. That said, I still support constitutional carry.

Open carry? There are a few people who would do it, but I can't imagine it being a common thing. I've spent a good bit of time in open carry states and it's rare to actually see anyone doing it. And of it does become a common thing, who cares? People will get used to it.