80% receiver update

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Racer88

Post by Racer88 »

Joe Biden’s Ghost Gun ‘Ban’ Lasted Less Than A Minute
https://thefederalist.com/2022/09/01/jo ... a-minute/

Turned out to be a "nothingburger."

So, now frames and jigs have to be sold separately.

Already online merchants are selling the frames (now called "blanks") and the jigs separately.

Despite Sleepy Joe's boastful claim of "banning ghost guns," he did nothing of the sort. All they accomplished was making it very slightly more inconvenient.... Now builders have to buy the "blanks" and jigs separately. Big whoop. In fact, I predict (soon) a new product, which is a re-usable jig with replaceable metal bushings as the drill bit guides. It will be a BETTER product.

But, here's what he DID accomplish: He increased sales. He increased awareness and interest in the hobby. Rather than decrease the number of PMFs out there, his actions will have caused a wonderful proliferation of PMFs.

More guns = more Freedom. Thanks, Joe!
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor | Certified Range Safety Officer | NRA Patron Life Member
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

Bet he THINKS he REALLY dun sumthin'! In his bent over, close to the mic whisper....."I got the ghost guns banned"! What a dumb fugg!
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Well here’s a win/win situation that should make everyone happy. For those who buy a kit genuinely for the satisfaction of assembling it, & not because it’s a loophole to get a firearm without the 4473, this is for you. A gun you can assemble, & get all the satisfaction of assembling it, but yet the ATF will be happy because it now comes with a serialized receiver. To quote the mfr. “A truly unique experience to build your own handgun. This compact model is perfect for everyday carry and home defense, and best of all, you built it”. I’m sure they’ll sell millions of them. GARY.
https://www.classicfirearms.com/polymer ... Quaternary
ss1

Post by ss1 »

N4KVE wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:52 pm Well here’s a win/win situation that should make everyone happy. For those who buy a kit genuinely for the satisfaction of assembling it, & not because it’s a loophole to get a firearm without the 4473, this is for you. A gun you can assemble, & get all the satisfaction of assembling it, but yet the ATF will be happy because it now comes with a serialized receiver. To quote the mfr. “A truly unique experience to build your own handgun. This compact model is perfect for everyday carry and home defense, and best of all, you built it”. I’m sure they’ll sell millions of them. GARY.
https://www.classicfirearms.com/polymer ... Quaternary
The assembly aspect is lost when the frame is pre-drilled and completed as well as not having a choice of parts without buying more parts, but I do appreciate the "AFT" dig.
Racer88

Post by Racer88 »

N4KVE wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:52 pm Well here’s a win/win situation that should make everyone happy. For those who buy a kit genuinely for the satisfaction of assembling it, & not because it’s a loophole to get a firearm without the 4473, this is for you. A gun you can assemble, & get all the satisfaction of assembling it, but yet the ATF will be happy because it now comes with a serialized receiver.
It's not the same thing. Not even close. And, it's got nothing to do with an imagined "loophole." We should be careful about adopting and appropriating anti-Freedom language like that, IMO.

The vast majority of builders already own a crapton of factory (serialized and background checked) guns. So, buying UNfinished non-serialized frame precursors (now known as "blanks") has nothing to do with avoiding a 4473. It has everything to do with working the blank with your own hands while knowing if you screw it up, it will NOT work. So there is some "pressure" to do it right and do it well. That leads to a tremendous sense of satisfaction when it all works.

Also the kit you linked to... Everything is chosen for you. No customization. Most of us (builders) like researching and sourcing various individual parts to customize the build and "make it our own." Putting that kit together will not even be close to the experience of building out your own 80% blank. Nope. Not the same thing. Completely different.

I recently did purchase a serialized P80 frame to build out as my next EDC. I only did that on the advice of Mas Ayoob who felt it would simply be better "optics" in case of SHTF and heads any prosecution off at the pass as it pertains to claims of "casper guns."

My previous three 80% builds are for range use.

My serialized "EDC" build... waiting on the Holosun. Almost done testing for reliability. 700 rounds without a malfunction, so far.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor | Certified Range Safety Officer | NRA Patron Life Member
Racer88

Post by Racer88 »

ss1 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:43 pm
The assembly aspect is lost when the frame is pre-drilled and completed as well as not having a choice of parts without buying more parts, but I do appreciate the "AFT" dig.
Yep. This.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Here’s a lower where one buys everything to customize it the way they’d want. GARY.
https://aimsurplus.com/products/sct-man ... 589960b223
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

Nice looking rigs racer! Looking forward to a place opening up shop locally and you can buy one CASH and F the credit card companies, remaining COMPLETELY anonymous!
Racer88

Post by Racer88 »

GunsandHoses wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:45 am Nice looking rigs racer! Looking forward to a place opening up shop locally and you can buy one CASH and F the credit card companies, remaining COMPLETELY anonymous!
I've never seen the frames offered at an LGS. I've seen them at gun shows, but prices are usually quite high. Then, you've got to source all the parts. Again... I can't imagine finding what you need (or want) at a local gun store. It's all online.
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

Racer88 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:09 am
GunsandHoses wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:45 am Nice looking rigs racer! Looking forward to a place opening up shop locally and you can buy one CASH and F the credit card companies, remaining COMPLETELY anonymous!
I've never seen the frames offered at an LGS. I've seen them at gun shows, but prices are usually quite high. Then, you've got to source all the parts. Again... I can't imagine finding what you need (or want) at a local gun store. It's all online.
👍🏻