Get your shiite squared away folks !

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
fish

Post by fish »

I remember going through hurricane Donna in 1960.
(Orlando)
Adults had a hurricane party, as no one had ever been through a hurricane before.
Better drunk than scared?

The entire neighborhood was covered with big tree limbs and fallen power poles after.
Lake Ivanhoe overflowed and flooded the streets around the lake, the water did not go down for weeks. No one could drive, trees all over the roads.
My friends and I played in the flood and wreckage, no school for weeks!

Today, i'm too old to play in the wreckage. But I did get more fuel for the chainsaws, and tested the generator!
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

In Oldsmar expecting 15ft storm surge, so mandatory evac. Made a hotel reservation inland many days ago. Got to be 2 steps ahead of the herd.
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

TonyR

Post by TonyR »

Currently waiting for my big truck to be returned while typing this so I can get it hooked up to my trailer,LOL,homeowners insurance. Then me an the dog have a place to go fully incased concrete building with dindu doors,only has one level above it, about a mile away from where I live to go,its one of those wait and see times.WOOOOFUCKINHOOOOO,better than an earthquake.Y'all stay safe an hunker down,I'll even leave the light on for ya.
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
OKIE

Post by OKIE »

I run two honda iu2000 units tied together, did a test run and they're good to go. Went to get gas yesterday and last minute groceries. Been doing this for 57yrs, I'm OK with a cat 2, but a cat 3 or higher and I'm off to my daughters in Ohio. Good luck everyone.
Gunnyhiway

Post by Gunnyhiway »

Last I heard was landfall between Williston and Chiefland.

Still too close to me.

"I do not want to die, but if they try to disarm me, I will surely die that day."
"Guns Don't Kill People, Husbands That Come Home Early Kill People"

ROLL TIDE !
tector

Post by tector »

Gunnyhiway wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:31 pm Last I heard was landfall between Williston and Chiefland.

Still too close to me.
May still bend south of Tampa Bay, just too early to say.

Good luck to you, and to all.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

tector wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:38 pm
Gunnyhiway wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:31 pm Last I heard was landfall between Williston and Chiefland.

Still too close to me.
May still bend south of Tampa Bay, just too early to say.

Good luck to you, and to all.
Did that overnight. We'll see of it holds. If the upper level trough moves further south or just doesn't weaken it could head for Pt. Charlotte: shades of either 2004-2005 (was here but forgot which. Hey, I'm old) .
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

According to the latest consensus model, the eye is going to pass right over my house.

At midnight, I'm hauling ass to Cocoa!