Newsom and Desantis Debate!

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
TC6969

Newsom and Desantis Debate!

Post by TC6969 »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gavin- ... -name-time

Democratic California Gov. Gavin Newsom is challenging Republican Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis to a debate.
"Hey @GovRonDeSantis, clearly you're struggling, distracted, and busy playing politics with people’s lives. Since you have only one overriding need -- attention --let's take this up & debate. I’ll bring my hair gel. You bring your hairspray. Name the time before Election Day," Newsom tweeted on Friday.
I cant wait!

Any predictions? :lol:
George W

Post by George W »

It's a dumb idea for Desantis. Debating Newsome only helps Crist. After the election is a different story.
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

Wait until they are running against each other for President in 2024.
jr81452

Post by jr81452 »

Who TF would even want to watch that? Pick an issue, I can tell you how each would respond. And not a single audience member will have their mind changed
Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities - Voltaire

Zealot: noun 1. a person who is fanatical and uncompromising in pursuit of their religious, political, or other ideals.
jr81452

Post by jr81452 »

P5 Guy wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:10 pm Wait until they are running against each other for President in 2024.
I wish. Better than senile and cranky old men, round 2.
Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities - Voltaire

Zealot: noun 1. a person who is fanatical and uncompromising in pursuit of their religious, political, or other ideals.
Casual

Post by Casual »

P5 Guy wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:10 pm Wait until they are running against each other for President in 2024.
that's sadly what I'm seeing
GreyShark

Post by GreyShark »

Newsom has been trying to position himself as Desantis' arch enemy for some time and a debate between the two would help cement that in the minds of Democrats. If Desantis just ignores this it makes Newsom look irrelevant. Like JR said everybody already knows where these two would stand on any issue so there's really nothing to be gained and leftists don't really debate anything anyway, they just spew circular arguments and word salad out their face hole. Yes, yes. The bad thing is bad because bad, the good thing is good because good. Up is down. Yeah, yeah, we get it. :roll:
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

Lucycat wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:49 am Newsom attended Redwood High School and graduated from Santa Clara University. After graduation, he founded the PlumpJack wine store with a family friend, Gordon Getty, as an investor. The PlumpJack Group grew to manage 23 businesses, including wineries, restaurants and hotels.
Ya know beating off to Newsom' picture is not good for your soul.
tector

Post by tector »

This is an article about the Harvery Weinstein trial and his "defense."

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/wein ... 235413157/

I could not care less about that douchebag, but his defense lawyer makes some interesting points about Newsom (to whom Harv was a big donor), and his Hollywood whore wife, alledgely one of Harv's "victims":

Weinstein’s attorney spent much of his time during opening statements focusing on Jane Doe #4, who was revealed to be Jennifer Siebel Newsom, the actress and director who is married to California Governor Gavin Newsom, who accused Weinstein of raping her in a hotel room in 2005. She has become a leading voice against sexual harassment and assault in recent years.
“She’s made herself a prominent figure of the #MeToo movement,” Werksman said, listing her current accolades and status as the First Partner of California. But back in the early 2000s when Siebel Newsom was an aspiring actress and filmmaker, Weinstein’s attorney says she was a “Hollywood wannabe.”
Werksman told the jury that during the alleged rape in 2005, Siebel Newsom says she faked an orgasm to end the assault quickly. Weinstein’s attorney said there is no more “enthusiastic signal of consent” than “yes, yes, yes” — which is why, he said, “Mr. Weinstein believed she consented.”
Weinstein’s attorney also noted that Weinstein was a big donor to the Democratic Party, and contributed money to Gavin Newsom throughout the years. He noted that in 2007, Weinstein had the couple as guests to one of his parties, during the time when Newsom was the mayor of San Francisco. “She brought her husband to meet and party with her rapist. Who does that?” Werksman said. “He took money from his wife’s rapist for his political campaigns.”
Werksman said if Siebel Newsom didn’t have her current place in politics today, “She’d be just another bimbo who slept with Harvey Weinstein to get ahead.”
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”