Need some legal advice: Gun lost by USPS

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
gforester

Post by gforester »

joel wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:57 pm You can publish the name of the FFL here
But, consider the risk of posting his/her business name online vs the offsetting defamation / slander charges (depending on which court is the hearer of evidence)

I wish you well. You suffered a loss. Try to work it out privately and DOCUMENT everything (before publicly defaming someone)

Only my 2-cents (may be worth less)
It isn't defamation when the story is true and factual.
tcpip95

Post by tcpip95 »

Wakko wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:37 am And make sure you tell us the name of the FFL.
Sharyn Master Sports, Cape Coral, FL.
Crashpanic

Post by Crashpanic »

Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Those stories are about UPS, not the US Postal Service.

However...the UPS chimps cut open an ammo shipment I sent to a buyer, removed a few boxes, then re-taped. I filed a claim for the entire batch and they paid. Every time I ship with UPS now I write on the box in big letters: "Dear UPS Chimps - Nothing valuable inside, please do not open".
Crashpanic wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:14 pm Your FFL may be negligent, however....

Apparently USPS may be "losing" a lot of firearms/ammo lately.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/amm ... go-missing

https://www.glennbeck.com/ceo-says-roug ... g-with-ups

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/202 ... -accounts/
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
charliedwsr

Post by charliedwsr »

tcpip95 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:01 pm
George W wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:07 am You can get your lien and maybe collect someday, or you can hook him up and get some satisfaction. Call the ATF. Biden's BAT boys have been snatching FFLs left and right for very minor things. Put the FFL on blast via social media, Google Reviews, etc. Make their life shit and cost them a few dollars.

A less asshole method may be to pay an attorney a couple hundred dollars to draft a demand letter for you. Sometimes the fear of litigation is enough.
So I've discovered that the company is a sole proprietorship in his wife's name. No doubt she has no assets in her name (I'll bet the house, etc. is all in his name) other than the FFL. I'll give him another week to do right, otherwise I'll call the ATF on him. I'll also take him to small claims court just to put some sunlight on his company.
I believe you'll need to take legal action against her and not him?
“Show me a hero and I’ll write you a tragedy.”
F. Scott Fitzgerald
tcpip95

Post by tcpip95 »

charliedwsr wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:36 pm
George W wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:07 am You can get your lien and maybe collect someday, or you can hook him up and get some satisfaction. Call the ATF. Biden's BAT boys have been snatching FFLs left and right for very minor things. Put the FFL on blast via social media, Google Reviews, etc. Make their life shit and cost them a few dollars.

A less asshole method may be to pay an attorney a couple hundred dollars to draft a demand letter for you. Sometimes the fear of litigation is enough.
So I've discovered that the company is a sole proprietorship in his wife's name. No doubt she has no assets in her name (I'll bet the house, etc. is all in his name) other than the FFL. I'll give him another week to do right, otherwise I'll call the ATF on him. I'll also take him to small claims court just to put some sunlight on his company.
I believe you'll need to take legal action against her and not him?
Yes, that would be the route.
Outgunu

Post by Outgunu »

It's been a while now, has this worked out? Any updates?
Molivo

Post by Molivo »

What exactly are you calling the ATF for? Him not insuring the package has 0 to do with his licensure.
osprey21

Post by osprey21 »

Molivo wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 3:12 pm
What exactly are you calling the ATF for?
Exactly... it's not ATF's problem and they aren't going to do squat - BTDT.
Believe nothing the MSM tells you.
George W

Post by George W »

Molivo wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 3:12 pm
What exactly are you calling the ATF for? Him not insuring the package has 0 to do with his licensure.
Per the original post:
tcpip95 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:33 am He also did not follow BATF procedures for reporting a lost or stolen gun, in that he delayed reporting it lost, and he did not notify the local PD as required by BATF.