Why hasn't someone thought of this before?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Allme

Why hasn't someone thought of this before?

Post by Allme »

It occurred to me that this is an EASY way to make bank. Might get shot but then your family gets paid. Seriously, why doesn't someone just go from city to city open carrying to a fishing hole? $50k per law suit minimum, there are 337 with a population of 10k+; do the math and thats $168 million dollars. A ballsy person could retire on that. Account for expenses and 33.3% attorney fees thats still well over 100 million dollars. Pay someone 10% to hold the camera while walking behind. Just makes sense, give a lesson to a lot of departments as to Florida statutes. Food for thought.

PS. IMHO dude was a butthole to go off at the mouth like that though, not needed. Dude should keep his mouth shut and thought about the check he will be getting from the city of Clearwater. :)

Allme

Post by Allme »

Spoke too soon, calculator was messed up and didn't move the decimal.. Only 16 million and some change. Not a bad haul but not certain its worth the risk... Back to the drawing board. :D
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

Yeh but what happens when you fuck up ? Example i had two ar15 carrying fishermen walk out of the public boat ramp and on to my property mistakenly thinking it was public land in the river . It’s actually deeded wetlands and private property with a sherrifs agency agreement to patrol …. Trespass while armed is a third-degree felony in Florida. :roll: good thing it was me not the deputies they encountered
chạy trốn hoặc giết tất cả và đốt hooches của họ.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Don't tempt a bear or pull his/her/its tail.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
lighteye

Post by lighteye »

Yeah, someone's gonna get ventilated, but your family will make bank.

I just went though an issue with FCIC/FDLE and called them out in writing, as they were in violation of 790.065. They took 16 days to be bludgeoned into submission, and probably only because one of their inept idiots blamed the delay on a computer glitch. In an an email. I showed that to my lawyer, and exactly one letter later they released my purchase.

BOTH my parents are career FDLE, I'm former state LEO and Military Police, Stepdad is career FDoC...no matter, they thought they could roll over me. Unfortunately for them, I'm rather persistent, informed, and stubborn. This happened in 2007, 2013, and now 2022. No excuse is acceptable at this point, and I'm not exactly believing the explanation of an error. 3 times is no accident. The point of this is, If FDLE doesn't care, neither do the locals. Gotta start dinging their pensions when they act outside the rule of law.

I'm NOT anti-LEO. As I stated, I WAS one, and come from a long line of them. I have LEO friends. I AM however anti-uninformed armed moron, though. There's a difference.
Allme

Post by Allme »

lighteye wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:54 pm Yeah, someone's gonna get ventilated, but your family will make bank.

I just went though an issue with FCIC/FDLE and called them out in writing, as they were in violation of 790.065. They took 16 days to be bludgeoned into submission, and probably only because one of their inept idiots blamed the delay on a computer glitch. In an an email. I showed that to my lawyer, and exactly one letter later they released my purchase.

BOTH my parents are career FDLE, I'm former state LEO and Military Police, Stepdad is career FDoC...no matter, they thought they could roll over me. Unfortunately for them, I'm rather persistent, informed, and stubborn. This happened in 2007, 2013, and now 2022. No excuse is acceptable at this point, and I'm not exactly believing the explanation of an error. 3 times is no accident. The point of this is, If FDLE doesn't care, neither do the locals. Gotta start dinging their pensions when they act outside the rule of law.

I'm NOT anti-LEO. As I stated, I WAS one, and come from a long line of them. I have LEO friends. I AM however anti-uninformed armed moron, though. There's a difference.
I get it, I really do. I'm not anti-cop I am anti-LEO, anybody that tries to tell you they are the same has their head too far up their own ass to be able to see the light of day. They wear the same costume, same badge/gun and speak the same language but they are wholly different. IMHO it is qualified immunity, department policy and the lack of courage by the majority in LE to use their own discretion; not to mention they target folks of lower IQ/character to fill their ranks in general. I know of a handful of unicorns with similar situations, all but one made the leap to the private sector.. One became a truck driver, 9x more deadly than being a cop BUT a lot less BS and makes it easier for him to sleep @ night.... One went all the way and became a pharmacist... Seems to me that folks in similar situations as you and my associates figured out about a year or two on the job the shenanigans and BS was all about. Too many stuck it out for the pension, praying they don't get shot, sued or end up as a subject of a youtube video. Plenty of "decent" folks in LE, but those decent folks will do shady sh*t to protect their pensions. Its sad really, it was a noble profession back in the day; they somehow went from keepers of the peace to enFORCERS..... "Just doing my job" Even more sad is that society really needs them; without laws there can be no freedom. I'm glad you got out, hopefully life has been kind to you and yours.
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

I had two cops pointing guns at me for legally shooting on my friend's land once in Hillsborough county. Luckily, I did not make any sudden moves and fully complied.

I don't care how much in Caesar's fake fiat money you could get for trolling the cops, I never want to experience that feeling again.
Cubanstang50

Post by Cubanstang50 »

I give alot of credit to the people that do this. I wont do it thats for sure. Cops in general arent too smart when it comes to gun laws. All they know is, do you have a ccw or not. Past that they start to fish for information. You try and educate them and their attitudes will change for the worse. I avoid them at all cost. My time, job and money are too valuable to be harassed or be taken in for further questioning and possible charges that will most likely be dropped. But in the mean time I am treated like a criminal. My 2c