Kahr MK 9

Pistols of all descriptions.
fridlo

Kahr MK 9

Post by fridlo »

Whatever happened to the Kahr MK 9? I haven't seen a used one for sale in years. Had one once but traded it away.

Fridlo
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Kahrs are well made pistols, but they don't seem to have the glamor or pizzaz of others, not heavily advertised. I have a PM9 which is nice, but it's going to go up for sale in a week or so because I'm downsizing and consolidating calibers. I hope it's not ignored because some general said "The (brand G) will be the one carried into combat."
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

Kahrs are fantastic pistols. Some people bash them because they ignore the factory recommendation for a 200 rd. break-in, and them declare them unreliable. I've owned several over the years, and never had a lemon in the bunch. Their revolver-like triggers are better than any factory two-part "safe action" trigger I've tried on a striker fired pistol, and a helluva lot safer to carry appendix IWB for that reason. They're accurate and soft-shooting, too.

I think people tend to hang onto the steel framed guns like the Mk 9 because they're more expensive, and folks that buy them new tend to be the type that don't have a lot of turnover in their collections. You see a lot more of the budget lines like the CW's and CM's on the used market because Kahr sells more of them and it's much easier for someone to sell a used polymer framed pistol for a few hundred than to sell a steel framed version of essentially the same gun for twice as much.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

I'd agree with that. The practical problem with the MK is it's all steel, spell that heavy for a compact. Drags the pants down.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.