Contacted Tampa PD about a memorial I found. UPDATED Picture of display added

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Firemedic2000

Contacted Tampa PD about a memorial I found. UPDATED Picture of display added

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Long story short.

Wife is a real estate broker. Listed house and previous owner left a sorta of memorial from her late father. We contacted her 2 months ago that item were there and she just left it. So instead of being trashed I took it.

This was a display case of now deceased officer of Tampa PD. Captain J.S. Sollazzo and I'll post a picture of it later.

What it is exactly is a hugh wooden display case that basically has this officers entire career displayed in it. Everything from his very first badge when he was hired and every badge along with ranks up to his rank of Captain. Along with his department patches, pins ect...even his handcuff tie pin.

So I took it and drove around in a few subdivisions I know I've seen TPA PD cars turn into. But no luck.
I got home and contacted Tampa PD within minutes of leaving a message an officer called me back. He was extremely excited and grateful and thanked me several times. I explained it was I who was grateful because I did not want this man's life's work to be treated as garbage. If need be I'd driven to Tampa PD to get this display of this officer the recognition it deserved. They remembered this officer. He told me an officer from Tampa PD honor guard would call me. Within minutes of hanging up another officer called me. He knew of this officer and again was very grateful. Great news he's driving here tomorrow to retrieve this memorial to this officer's life. Also is a display of his career as a United States Marine. Plus his flag that draped his coffin.

There was no way I was going to let this go.
I am truly honored to have had the privilege to saving this man's legacy
Last edited by Firemedic2000 on Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

Very cool for you to make that happen..
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
XenShooter

Post by XenShooter »

Will done Sir! Good karma coming your way. 8-)
~ Teufel Hunden
Wulfmann

Post by Wulfmann »

Thanks for doing this, making sure his service was properly honored
ADulay

Post by ADulay »

Well done.

I'll buy you a brew should we ever meet up in the future.

AD
osprey21

Post by osprey21 »

Good on you for taking the initiative and making sure it received the respect it deserved. How people can just walk away and basically shitcan things like that is beyond me. Did they take the Marine Corps display as well?
Believe nothing the MSM tells you.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

osprey21 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:28 am Good on you for taking the initiative and making sure it received the respect it deserved. How people can just walk away and basically shitcan things like that is beyond me. Did they take the Marine Corps display as well?
Yes I got that and the flag that was draped over his casket. It had been removed from display case and was just wadded up in a box. I do not know if they will take it yet. Officer will not be here till this evening.
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Here picture of display. It needs a good cleaning and polishing of brass. The small badge right under the capt bars looks alot like the badge from the old TV series DRAGNET. I think the badges on top went on this officers hat he wore

https://flic.kr/p/2nyoPKX
forcefed

Post by forcefed »

Very cool of you. Not so of the daughter
Allme

Post by Allme »

Good for you! I'm not a LEO fan by any means however it shows your character to go out of your way to insure this person's personal belongings gets to a place that they can be appreciated and cared for. Shows real integrity IMHO that isn't so common now-a-days, I tip my hat to you and wish you God speed. :)