My wife drives me nuts.

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

I'm 57 and have 10 years until I can retire, due to a layoff that wrecked my 401(K) and a divorce that stripped me of accumulated equity. Watching other folks retire earlier than me doesn't bother me, though. I'm at top of my professional career and loving my work, and I've got an awesome hardworking sweetheart of a girlfriend who loves to boondock travel with me. The things she pesters me about are for my own good - drink less beer, organize the garage and gun room, walk more, eat better, etc.. And always reminding me that we're living the best part of our lives.

Sure, I'm looking forward to not working but I'm not burnt out yet. However, the one lesson I've learned from watching other folks after they retire is this: if you retire to the couch, you won't be around much longer.

Find something to get you off your ass and out from in front of the TV. Go shooting. Go fishing. Grow a vegetable garden. Do the projects that you CAN physically handle. And for Pete's sake, let HER demonstrate the Kama Sutra positions that she wants to get you into. Likely will be more interesting than Ancient Aliens! :geek:
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Single spend all my money on guns and ammo and go on a few dates. My buddy told me marriage is the worst contract you can sign and I have seen a few buddies be in sexless marriages because of the kids I just don't see the worth in the long run.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

flcracker wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:04 am I'm 57 and have 10 years until I can retire, due to a layoff that wrecked my 401(K) and a divorce that stripped me of accumulated equity. Watching other folks retire earlier than me doesn't bother me, though. I'm at top of my professional career and loving my work, and I've got an awesome hardworking sweetheart of a girlfriend who loves to boondock travel with me. The things she pesters me about are for my own good - drink less beer, organize the garage and gun room, walk more, eat better, etc.. And always reminding me that we're living the best part of our lives.

Sure, I'm looking forward to not working but I'm not burnt out yet. However, the one lesson I've learned from watching other folks after they retire is this: if you retire to the couch, you won't be around much longer.

Find something to get you off your ass and out from in front of the TV. Go shooting. Go fishing. Grow a vegetable garden. Do the projects that you CAN physically handle. And for Pete's sake, let HER demonstrate the Kama Sutra positions that she wants to get you into. Likely will be more interesting than Ancient Aliens! :geek:
Dude my post was satire :lol: I'm am retired though and miss my job with Hillsborough County Fire Rescue. I do watch Ancient Aliens too. I even eat chili dogs while doing it. 😋 but I drink very little anyways. My wife is actually a really great person. Never argue about money because we each have our own private checking accounts and finances. Been that way for over 30 years. I couldn't tell you what she has in her bank. Never asked and besides it's hers non of my business. She has bills to pay and I have bills to pay. She's an accountant and I will give her receipts for deductions though. We work together as a team. Plus in our 35 years together she's never said no ;) I trust her explicitly. But seriously my post was meant to be some what of a joke :lol:

Oh yeah I fish almost everyday from dock. Love kayaking. Not burnt out at all. But one thing we did was pay off our house before retiring. No bills really to speak of. We travel alot here in state in the RV when we can get a site at a state park. Damn snow birds have them booked up. Live 10 minutes from an outdoor gun range to. Do knew to organize my ammo room though. I've got alot.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

A man and his wife go on vacation for their 25th anniversary.

As the couple reflected on that magical evening 25 years ago, the wife asked the husband: "When you first saw my naked body in front of you, what was going through your mind?"

The husband, without looking up from his paper, replied: "All I wanted to do was to screw your brains out and s*ck your boobs dry."

Then, as the wife undressed, she asked coyly: "Sooo...what are you thinking now?"

He replied: "It looks like I did a pretty good job."
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Charles

Post by Charles »

Great response, I'll forward that to my sons.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:17 pm A man and his wife go on vacation for their 25th anniversary.

As the couple reflected on that magical evening 25 years ago, the wife asked the husband: "When you first saw my naked body in front of you, what was going through your mind?"

The husband, without looking up from his paper, replied: "All I wanted to do was to screw your brains out and s*ck your boobs dry."

Then, as the wife undressed, she asked coyly: "Sooo...what are you thinking now?"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

N4KVE wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:00 pm I guess I’m lucky. My wife likes wearing tight tops, & from time to time she’ll ask me “do my boobs look too big in this top”? I always tell her “no sweety, you [they] look fine. But occasionally she asks stupid chick questions, and I let them go over my head. She’s a great cook, & I’m lucky to have her in my life. GARY
Absolutely agree with this. My wife Looks good, nice hooters and can cook and has ever said no :lol:
jimmac

Post by jimmac »

Firemedic2000 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:15 am
Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:17 pm A man and his wife go on vacation for their 25th anniversary.

You missed the last line "HE NEVER HEARD THE SHOT"
Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms, add a bag of Doritos, and we have a picnic.
It's a beautiful day, watch some idiot come along and screw it up.
NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER, RETIRED FIRE LIEUTENANT. FORMER AUX POLICE OFFICER, FORMER POLICE COMMISSIONER
Ger42

Post by Ger42 »

46 years and counting close todays than the day we married. Troubles over the years HELL yes but we worked through them.
I'm 80 she's 71 we hope we'll be able to die together holding hands.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

jimmac wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:12 pm
Firemedic2000 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:15 am

You missed the last line "HE NEVER HEARD THE SHOT"
Just told my wife this joke. She laughed until she teared up :lol: :lol: