Bank tellers overstepping, asking about cash withdrawls?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Bank tellers overstepping, asking about cash withdrawls?

Post by Jeepsnguns »

Yesterday I withdrew a couple grand cash from my credit union inside the bank at the teller.
The millennial teller (young man) was very polite but asked me if I was going to buy something fun?
I responded "No, not really".
What am I going to say, yeah I have my eye on a new AR and overpriced ammo?
I wanted to say, none of your fucking business.
WTF????
Is this a new thing or a millennial thing?
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

Maybe just small talk.

Inappropriate, but likely harmless
Jeepsnguns

Post by Jeepsnguns »

NorincoKid wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:27 pm Maybe just small talk.

Inappropriate, but likely harmless
I left out that I asked for a specific amount of 20's, 50's and 100 dollar bills.
Red flags?
Last edited by Jeepsnguns on Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Whenever I go to my bank, & tell them I want to make a payment on my CC, the teller asks me “how much do you want to pay”? I reply I want to pay the entire balance. He/she looks at the screen, & tells me “your total balance is only $27. I wish my balance was that small”. I smile, hand him/her the $27, & leave. It’s just small talk. Doesn’t bother me. GARY.
Jeepsnguns

Post by Jeepsnguns »

N4KVE wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:49 pm It’s just small talk. Doesn’t bother me. GARY.
I must be getting old and crotchety.....
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

Some people really enjoy that small talk, "human connection" stuff.

Me personally, I'd just like to get my business done and get out of there.

Guy was probably just bored. I would have came up with something witty, like "taking your mom out to dinner, hoping to get lucky tonight" or something.
Jeepsnguns

Post by Jeepsnguns »

NorincoKid wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:11 pm Some people really enjoy that small talk, "human connection" stuff.

Me personally, I'd just like to get my business done and get out of there.

Guy was probably just bored. I would have came up with something witty, like "taking your mom out to dinner, hoping to get lucky tonight" or something.
:lol:
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

just wait it's the new Biden cash trap ...Truist and Chase have started it for the cash deposit and cash withdraw , where did it come from and what you doing with it B.S. Truist and Chase will not let you deposit cash in any account that you are not listed on, and when you wanna withdraw a larger sum they ask to put something in the memo field, they tell you its for internal purposes but its B.S. :roll:
I wanted to take cash out of an account and get a cashiers check to send to Amex to pay down my credit card rather than write them a check, why, because I wanted to deposit more cash to cover it and didn't wanna make it look like it was all coming out of the business account at one time......not sure why they are so nosy, but they make it like you're not getting the cashiers check if you don't answer.

Im in the process of running both accounts down to next to zero and going to my local hometown small bank, never had any issues with them, and I feel safe enough to ask questions there about crap like this, before I give them more of my money.
philasteen

Post by philasteen »

He may very well have been trying to make sure you weren't being scammed by one of those "your nephew is arrested" things.
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

Either small talk, or he wanted to make sure you were not sending the $ to a Nigerian that told you that you won the lottery and needed $ to pay the taxes!

I even got questions like this when I was getting cashier checks to purchase cars. :lol:

They have to wait for the IRS to staff up with their 20% budget increase before they start hauling in everyone that is not registered D (for Dummy).

That being said, Bidumb and his Libitards are busy with their newest Homeland Security Disinformation Board now.
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!