Ghost Guns?

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Gregg wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:17 am I still have in my possession every firearm I've ever built!
I don't build them to sell them, I build them as a hobby.
And it is totally legal under both Federal Law and Florida State Law.
Perfect, so you are following the law. But I know someone whose 4 years into his 8 year “stay” at Coleman who chose not to. It’s the scumbags who ruin it for the honest people like you. GARY
Racer88

Post by Racer88 »

OSD wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:02 am
Very true. The problem is the people building them and selling them to people who can't build or buy guns legally. That's the guns they are finding, not legal built and owned ones.
Let me fix that for you... Also a problem: People buying guns (at an LGS) or stealing them and selling them to people who can't buy or even possess guns legally. Those are the guns they are finding (at crime scenes or in the hands of criminals) in FAR higher numbers for FAR longer. Soooooo? What are ya gonna do? If you want to ban home built guns, then you must ALSO ban ALL firearms, if you are intellectually honest and consistent.

Of COURSE they aren't finding legally owned guns in the hands of criminals. It's oxymoronic. ALL guns in the hands of criminals being criminally used... are... illegal.

"Ghost guns" are just the next boogeyman, as was mentioned in an earlier comment.

Also... an invitation for any newbie or experienced P80 builders to a new forum dedicated to building:
https://www.patriotgunbuilders.com/forums/
Last edited by Racer88 on Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor | Certified Range Safety Officer | NRA Patron Life Member
Racer88

Post by Racer88 »

N4KVE wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:57 pm
Gregg wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:17 am I still have in my possession every firearm I've ever built!
I don't build them to sell them, I build them as a hobby.
And it is totally legal under both Federal Law and Florida State Law.
Perfect, so you are following the law. But I know someone whose 4 years into his 8 year “stay” at Coleman who chose not to. It’s the scumbags who ruin it for the honest people like you. GARY
It is not illegal to sell or transfer a home-built firearm. It IS illegal to build them for that purpose.

That said, if you're going to sell one of your OLD home-builds, you should serialize it.
Federal law does not require a homemade gun to have an identifying marker (such as a serial number), as long as it remains in the possession of the original maker. However, if the gun is subsequently sold or otherwise transferred, it should be marked prior to its disposition. The ATF suggests that all homemade firearms be marked with a serial number as a safeguard in the event the firearm is lost or stolen, but this marking is required if the gun is otherwise lawfully transferred in the future.
https://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/r ... person.htm
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor | Certified Range Safety Officer | NRA Patron Life Member
Augdawg

Post by Augdawg »

All I can say about the current administration is BOHICA (Bend over here it comes again).
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Yup. Here it comes. GARY.
Biden to nominate new ATF director, release ghost gun rule
https://www.local10.com/news/politics/2 ... s-in-days/
Springfield

Post by Springfield »

N4KVE wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:25 pm Yup. Here it comes. GARY.
Biden to nominate new ATF director, release ghost gun rule
https://www.local10.com/news/politics/2 ... s-in-days/
In that article, based on an AP story, it says "Justice Department statistics show that nearly 24,000 ghost guns were recovered by law enforcement at crime scenes and reported to the government from 2016 to 2020."

Really? 24 thousand?
Springfield

Post by Springfield »

And yet another statistic from CNN
(see https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/11/politics ... index.html)
Between 2016 and 2021, the ATF received 45,000 reports of privately made firearms recovered by law enforcement, including 692 from homicides or attempted homicides.
osprey21

Post by osprey21 »

"Ghost Guns"... lofl.

NONE of my pre-1968 guns have serial numbers, so FUATF.
Believe nothing the MSM tells you.
edinflorida

Post by edinflorida »

The devil is always in the details. I have heard reference to "gun parts" too. That could be springs, screws and so on.

Crazy? No. If you export tubing to japan and it can be used as barrel material it is, guess what, a regulated gun part.

If you got the power it is eesy peesy.