I Remember When

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

TC6969 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:31 pm
George W wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:50 pm
rentprop1 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:37 pm YOU KNOW

I have the ability to put another FSN shoot together, ....................................
I'm in. Set it up.
Not that day!

I'm getting my windshield wipers replaced! :lol:
I figured you for the guy who had to wax his cousins, brother back....yeah FSN guys have the lamest excuses why they coundn't make these shoots :roll:
some people even have them in advance :shock: :mrgreen:
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

I'm in for a weekend camp out shoot.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
Casual

Post by Casual »

Definitely in... finally back in Florida for the most part... might as well party hard
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

The limey Brit is mumbling about coming back over in November - let's pin it down so he has something to look forward to
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

flcracker wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:14 pm The limey Brit is mumbling about coming back over in November - let's pin it down so he has something to look forward to
we can always take him to the range, but we don't have a lot of say of when a large part of the range is available for an open day for a event, so ?? Im still checking into it, right now, one of them is still only 4 days a week, so the weekends are booked up, and the other is closed 1st Sunday of every month, so the calendar is kinda booked up. We are lookin into the Fall time frame
lighteye

Post by lighteye »

I'm up near Zephyrhills now, and would LOVE to get some range time with other FSN members. I walked away from the range I shot at for 20+ years in Ruskin after the owner died and new management took over, and am now range homeless, except for air rifle and crossbow time in the back yard. Make a date and get a post stickied so we have one thread to watch for updates/news. I'm in.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

lighteye wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:12 am I'm up near Zephyrhills now, and would LOVE to get some range time with other FSN members. I walked away from the range I shot at for 20+ years in Ruskin after the owner died and new management took over, and am now range homeless, except for air rifle and crossbow time in the back yard. Make a date and get a post stickied so we have one thread to watch for updates/news. I'm in.
Yeah I pretty much did also. But more so because Ben died. He was like my father. I spent many a evenings at his house. I still miss him very much. It just not the same without him. The new owner is his son and his children run it pretty much. I missed the Monday 100 yard day. Alot of us would gather and shoot and talk and brag on these Monday mornings. They pretty much doubled the prices to join there now also. But that said they put alot into updating the range to. That and their insurance increased. But hey at least there's someplace for people to go and shoot. Which is a good thing. But Ben's ghost haunts me when I use to go there. Use to love Ben myself and another guy named Bill would hang out on the north range and just shoot the bull and of course listen to Ben's tales of adventure in his younger days. :P
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
lighteye

Post by lighteye »

Firemedic2000 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:14 am
lighteye wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:12 am I'm up near Zephyrhills now, and would LOVE to get some range time with other FSN members. I walked away from the range I shot at for 20+ years in Ruskin after the owner died and new management took over, and am now range homeless, except for air rifle and crossbow time in the back yard. Make a date and get a post stickied so we have one thread to watch for updates/news. I'm in.
Yeah I pretty much did also. But more so because Ben died. He was like my father. I spent many a evenings at his house. I still miss him very much. It just not the same without him. The new owner is his son and his children run it pretty much. I missed the Monday 100 yard day. Alot of us would gather and shoot and talk and brag on these Monday mornings. They pretty much doubled the prices to join there now also. But that said they put alot into updating the range to. That and their insurance increased. But hey at least there's someplace for people to go and shoot. Which is a good thing. But Ben's ghost haunts me when I use to go there. Use to love Ben myself and another guy named Bill would hang out on the north range and just shoot the bull and of course listen to Ben's tales of adventure in his younger days. :P
You and I have met :)

It tore me apart after Aubrey died...his wife worked with mine. Aubrey was also one of my best friends, he ALWAYS had a smile for everyone and was a joy to be around. He taught me a lot there in the back of the shop. Then Ben went, and that was also unpleasant. No need to go into specifics with what drove me away, that bridge is torched. I have gone back to see Dave a time or two when I ran into something I couldn't solve at home, but other than that, it's not for me anymore. I shoot when I go up to Tallahassee these days, but would love to have range time down here.