Shooters World (Tampa) new range rules suck

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

I go to an outdoor range for 10.00 you get to shoot 3 hours I never stay that long and no range Nazis. I went to Shoot straight in Tampa once never again the range officers were rude as F it was it's just not worth it having them try and ruin the one thing I enjoy.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

N4KVE wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:24 pm But yet that same contradictory logic is why every brace owner claims their AR pistol is still a pistol when their brace is attached. So if they think their braced AR pistol should be allowed on the rifle range, then they won’t be upset when the ATF declares that braced AR pistols are SBR’s, & a stamp needs to be purchased. It doesn’t work both ways. GARY.
It's not about what people "claim". The law (for now) says that an AR pistol with a brace is still a pistol. If and when it changes, I'll either remove the brace and shoulder the bare tube like we all did before braces were common or I'll get an SBR stamp. The contradictory logic is that a braced AR pistol is somehow more dangerous to the ceiling panels in their range than the same gun with a nearly identical stock.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Casual wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:25 pm Well shit cliff let's hit Knights trail this weekend
The whole point of going to Shooters World was for the air-conditioning and the infinitely adjustable automatic return target tracks. Now you're asking me to sweat and walk?!?!
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Paddledan

Post by Paddledan »

Two weeks ago some i sold a walter uzi 22 with fake can, to cover for r922 compliance all factory configuration to a freind that was thrown off the range at shooter world tampa. for having a 2 stamp gun with no stamps. he left ashamed and worried the atf would be knocking. came to me asking if i had sold him a full auto uzi with a can for 350 dollars. true story. yes the are just that stupid.
Ricordo

Post by Ricordo »

TC6969 wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:56 pm There used to be a range in a double wide trailer out at the east end of Fletcher, or in that area.
E. Fowler. It's still there.
https://www.indoorshooting.us/

Another similar good place - https://shootingsportstampa.com/
Let's Go Brandon
Casual

Post by Casual »

flcracker wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:55 am
Casual wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:25 pm Well shit cliff let's hit Knights trail this weekend
The whole point of going to Shooters World was for the air-conditioning and the infinitely adjustable automatic return target tracks. Now you're asking me to sweat and walk?!?!
It's February.. not August. What are you? From Jersey?
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Sarcasm, brother, sarcasm. :roll:
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

I bought the 10 for range card 10 for $100 .....so it makes the regular $20 pistol lane only $10 each time you go, a deal right :roll: ......but I went to shoot on the rifle range and the guy punched it twice, so I lost 2, not 1.5 ( cause is supposed the be half price of $30) ......not doing that B.S. again

I usually get treated pretty OK at all the local ranges but damn, SW treats ya like the red headed step child when it comes to $$$ or the rules......I had a mag of mixed .223 and didnt know it , about half way thru got a tap on the shoulder, and a question.....you shooting steel case...I said no, he said you are the only one with an AR.....I looked on the ground and said oh damn, must have stopped off a mag with brass, he said .....got any more, I said nope I'm done.......lol
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

I have never gone in there because it always looks way too busy, but I was going west on Fletcher near the speed limit last week and some fucknut decided to pull out of it into my lane at the last second. Thankfully there wasn't anyone behind me while I slammed on my brakes.
Big bore lover

Post by Big bore lover »

Indoor ranges all suck. Too much money for too little time. Stupid rules made up by stupid politically correct money grubbing asses that know those that go there usually will pay the fees and either think they are getting a great deal or whine and bitch about while they look for another indoor range. Fresh air is always better than shooting inside an air conditioned box...Anyone person that will pay money for "x" per hour gets what they get. Go to a worthwhile outdoor range and shoot all day for for less than two hours being poisoned. As to pistol/sbr/other find a place worth a damn.
Those who forget history are destined to repeat it.