Report: Florida on Track to Become 22nd Constitutional Carry State

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
tector

Post by tector »

George W wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:23 pm As long as Publix and the Evil Rat are calling the political shots here, we'll never see OC.
That's my belief. The Rat especially.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

N4KVE wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:29 pm But you’re still gonna need that carry permit to buy a gun, & take it home today. Even if the law passed, I for one would prefer to carry concealed. GARY.
I prefer having the option to decide. Lots of reasons to conceal, but there are times I prefer access and there are times when completely concealed is very impractical due to weather.

We have open carry in Iowa, and even when I'd normally open carry I end up concealed simply because I dress for the weather. The open carry without permit guys technically cannot wear a coat over their firearm in the winter, that's nuts. So conceal carry with the open option is probably best all around.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

We're talking about this a lot on my other forum. Most on there do *not* want Constitutional Carry if it is coupled with and also implies Open Carry. This, because they know the FL Legislature will get presure from "The Rodent" and FRF to impose "no gun" signs that have the force of law, as Texas has now.

If, somehow, OC is decoupled from Constitutional carry and it then applies only to "concealed" carry, then it might pass someday. Then again, I don't mind renewing my CWFL every 7 years. I just did it this year. I'm good until 2028. And, I can use the reciprocity it offeres. I have it and a Utah Carry permit for as much reciprocity as I can get.

I think Gov. DeSantis would be better served by focusing on the following:

1) Eliminating (or reducing) ERPOs (Red flag laws);
2) OC (or, at least, a clarification of "brandishing" laws that remove the discretion given to LEOs;
3) Elimination of "Civil Asset Forfeiture" (making it illegal for LEAs to seize property without full due process and a court proceding) or without an arrest and specification of charges.
4) Potential 2A Sanctuary for FL to shield from Federal BS law;
Mannlicher

Post by Mannlicher »

as long as RINO GOP senators don't want it, they will continue to kill the bill in committee.