Colt M16A2 Commando 50K

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
lakelandman

Colt M16A2 Commando 50K

Post by lakelandman »

Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
Ricordo

Post by Ricordo »

But you save a lot on shipping...
Let's Go Brandon
pharmer

Post by pharmer »

I can waste ammo fast enough without the "schnellflingen switch." Joe
Keep Today Fresh
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

at that price and without a lot of detailed close ups of the serial number and the back of the receiver, I'd guess thats one of those pre 86 A4 John Keosayian turds that are being passed around and disguised as something its not.
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

If it's a factory original, then they were banned almost as soon as they were introduced. It's why all A2s command such high prices. An A2 commando? Might be less than 50 of them floating around on the registry.

Big difference between pre86 conversions and pre86 factory originals.
Big_mike

Post by Big_mike »

rentprop1 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:45 am at that price and without a lot of detailed close ups of the serial number and the back of the receiver, I'd guess thats one of those pre 86 A4 John Keosayian turds that are being passed around and disguised as something its not.
What is a Keosayian A4?

When I google the name I see he was a Colt employee...

Is that a low price?

Sorry, I don't know a ton about NFA stuff.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Big_mike wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:23 pm
rentprop1 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:45 am at that price and without a lot of detailed close ups of the serial number and the back of the receiver, I'd guess thats one of those pre 86 A4 John Keosayian turds that are being passed around and disguised as something its not.
What is a Keosayian A4?

Is that a low price?

just Google it some more, Keyosayian is the guys last name, A4 is the model Colt thats being played off as an early A1.......there was a lot of fuckery about him working as a VP at Colt pulling some receivers that were, or not so called registered the numbers before the 86 cut-off but not 100% completed as figured out by the difference in receiver markings and forgings, and later built into rifles in the 90's and are now being sold as long lost ( look what we found in the back of the safe ) NIB kinda thing as exorbitant 30-40-50K price tags to the un knowing, here is a lot of stuff on the web about it, lots of people looking the other way, and some who don't care with deep pockets that just want a registered MG
Big_mike

Post by Big_mike »

rentprop1 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:58 pm
What is a Keosayian A4?

Is that a low price?

just Google it some more, Keyosayian is the guys last name, A4 is the model Colt thats being played off as an early A1.......there was a lot of fuckery about him working as a VP at Colt pulling some receivers that were, or not so called registered the numbers before the 86 cut-off but not 100% completed as figured out by the difference in receiver markings and forgings, and later built into rifles in the 90's and are now being sold as long lost ( look what we found in the back of the safe ) NIB kinda thing as exorbitant 30-40-50K price tags to the un knowing, here is a lot of stuff on the web about it, lots of people looking the other way, and some who don't care with deep pockets that just want a registered MG
Found the thread on UziTalk...sketch indeed.
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

rentprop1 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:58 pm
What is a Keosayian A4?

Is that a low price?

As these are A2s, they should be pretty well known to all SOTs and most of us remember that the A2s were there and then suddenly there were no more. This would be the most current part of the factory original MG registry so it should be in better shape than the "conversions" list or anything like that.

This was also the year that Colt would send you a M-16A2.....BUT....if you transferred it to anyone other than MIL or LE, it would be the last A2 you'd ever be sent. Even in 86' Colt was being dicks. They "soup nazi'd" a lot of SOTs. This also prevented factory A2s from getting out there in general circulation.