Don't go to the Mosquito County Tax Collector office in da' hood!

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Flame Red

Don't go to the Mosquito County Tax Collector office in da' hood!

Post by Flame Red »

We need to make sure the current Mosquito Tax Collector is NOT reelected because he treats tax payers of Mosquito County Florida like they are subhumans.

I had an appointment for simple truck title & registration and I ended up spending all day as they sent me to THREE different offices! First appointment, they were one and half hours late. Then on the next office they sent me to, I had to wait for an hour for the person they referred me to talk to me. Then he sent me back in line at the third office but since I did not have an appointment, they would not service me.

Back under the prior tax collector, the office was better run. The old system would show you your position on a TV screen with your position in line. Then they would call your cell number and text you to come to the counter.

In the first office, over in the Hood near me, the TV's do not show you your place in line. You have no idea if you were called. The automated voice would pause between digits, and sometimes take 30 seconds between digits of the phone number that was up. Then it would speed up and announce 15 at once quickly! Who invented that? They announced constantly not to go to the help desk and ask your position in line and that announcement would talk over the numbers they were announcing so you had no idea if it was your turn on not. They would rather you sit there for hours and turn into a skeleton. So much for appointments and wasting your time.

Meanwhile, if you are a dealer, you walk up, no line and get immediate service.

So the first agent sent me to another office because of an issue with the paperwork. Marked my title as "unusable"! Thanks a LOT! Now I have to go back and try to get another title from the seller who is deployed overseas now?!?!?! No, she could just not hand me back the paperwork as I handed it to her, and tell me the issue and refer me to the person that could solve it for me. Instead she gives me an unusable title now, and the phone number for the person she refers me to is disconnected?

I drive a half hour and walked into the second office, and they had two unmarked lines, one for a "greeter" and one to make appointments on a kiosk. Neither line was marked. Since we had to ask for a specific individual, we did not know where to go. The greeter screamed at us for switching lines and sent me to the back of line. All to find the person I was sent to talk to?!?!?!

So the bottom line is now they want me to drive the truck for a visual inspection, even though I already paid a guy to certify the VIN and odometer on the DMV's own form. But I don't have a tag to drive it to the tag office. They tell me to, go get a $10 temp tag and drive the truck up here for an inspection and MAYBE they would give me paperwork to get me a new title. So back I go into the line for the third time in one day!

Seems that just about everyone I talked to was on a power trip, and just wanted to exert their authority over the little people. Was anyone ever given effective training on treating people like customers? They would last 5 minutes in a real business.

I know Covid is a problem but this is just not tolerable. The person in charge needs to be fired, so make sure to vote for anyone else in the next election for Orange County Tax Collector!

/RANT
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!