Shooters World Powder

Everything ammunition! What to use, where to get it, surplus ammo headstamps, the science of reloading and more.
jimmac

Shooters World Powder

Post by jimmac »

Does anyone know if Shooters World Powder and Shooters World Gun Store are owned by the same Corp.
If so, I wonder why the Tampa Shooters World gun store doesn't carry the powder, or for that matter, any Reloading supplies.
I made a 27 mile one way trip to the store hoping to maybe find some powder. I asked the first sales clerk I saw where the reloading department was, and he just stared at me and asked what I wanted, I told him I wanted some powder to reload 38 Special, and he told me, "I DON'T THINK WE SELL BLACK POWDER" I EXPLAINED WHAT I WANTED WAS SMOKLESS POWDER, NOW HE WAS REALLY CONFUSED. I looked around for about 10 minutes, the place was like a museum, and left, knowing full well I would not be returning.
Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms, add a bag of Doritos, and we have a picnic.
It's a beautiful day, watch some idiot come along and screw it up.
NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER, RETIRED FIRE LIEUTENANT. FORMER AUX POLICE OFFICER, FORMER POLICE COMMISSIONER
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

I bit on a sale online at Midsouth Shooters Supply and bought an 8-pounder of the SW heavy pistol powder. It looks like they may have some in stock.
gforester

Post by gforester »

I have used SW Blackout and Tactical Rifle powders and they work great. Just picked up some Ultimate Pistol and more Blackout 1# cans. Would have gotten the 8# jugs if they had any.
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Shooters World gun store was started by a Tampa doctor. I highly doubt that he was also into smokeless powder manufacturing.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
SFSGM

Post by SFSGM »

They are totally different companies. Shooter's World powders are a good company. I manuf ammo and use their powders n bulk and they perform well. As a competitor I shoot their rifle powders in 6mmBR; 6.5 CM; 6.5x55; .308 and do well. When Varget was difficult to find, I shifted over to their powder and now I prefer it. their 4350 is also very close to H-4350.