New Ruger LCP Max

Pistols of all descriptions.
mavrik

Post by mavrik »

Here’s what it looks like next to a Smith and Wesson snubby. Both are in the tech grip pocket holsters. They both are just thick enough but yet still thin enough to just break up the lines of the pistol or even the revolver. Both stay in the pocket when you pull the gun out.

AND, WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO CLIC ON IMGUR TO (JUST) SHOW THE PIC.
Thanks, Mav
Thanks a lot Springfield, if only I woulda read the fine print.😬
Last edited by mavrik on Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Springfield

Post by Springfield »

mavrik wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:51 pm AND, WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO CLIC ON IMGUR TO (JUST) SHOW THE PIC.
Click on your pic in imgur, use the Copy button 2nd from bottom of list called "BBCode (message boards & forums)" then paste it here, should start with [img]....
mavrik

Post by mavrik »

Got it, thanks again!
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

Deputydave wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:05 pm I bought mine at Gas & Brass Armory over on Florida Ave in Tampa. I've bought several pistols from them over the last few years. Usually have very good prices. IIRC, the Max was $379 or so. I'd have to check the receipt but it was around that price. They also had the 12-round mags at a good price as well.

I like the included pocket holster. It stays in the pocket when I draw the pistol. The one Mavrik suggests looks really nice as well. For grins I just bought an IWB holster for it. Normally I'm not a big IWB holster user but the Max is small enough that it disappears and I can forget it's there. Which of course is the point of this type pistol. Been carrying this way to therapy and it's been great.

Got it off Amazon.

Well, this holster is working out nicely. Adjusted the tension just a bit to make it a bit tighter. Wearing it right now and forgot I had it on till I saw this thread. And that's the point!
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

So I bought the Max back on July 29th so I've had it around 3 1/2 months now. I've been very impressed with it. Whether I'm carrying in the pocket or in the IWB holster I have pictured above I tend to forget I'm carrying it. This makes it great for things like simply going over to friends & family for the day/evening or when I'm in dress slacks and tucked in shirt. I'll normally have this on me with a larger BUG in the vehicle for the trip.

Since we've been preparing to move to the new house I've been doing things like yard work, putting up lights and window treatments and general moving stuff. The Max right now is my normal gun for doing all these activities since it's the lightest and most comfortable. I can foresee this pistol being a main staple for when I want to walk up to the mail box, walk around the block or simply puttering in/around the house.

Normally carry with the 12-round mag, even in the pocket. If I'm in dress slacks I'll cut it down to the 10-round mag just to have the smallest possible footprint. Comfortable to shoot either way. The more I look at the front and rear sights the better I like it. And my Ammo Armor mag holder finally arrived so I'll normally toss the 10-rounder in the opposite pocket. So I'm glad I decided to go ahead and purchase the Max. As much as I've enjoyed the LCP and LCP II the Max just takes it up several notches. I've even felt comfortable enough with it to carry it out while doing errands and such. 12+1 rounds of .380 isn't insubstantial for a CCW pistol (with another 10-rounds in the pocket). It's not a go-to-war pistol but for normal CCW it's simply an excellent little pistol.

The holster I have pictured above has been working well which is nice because it was just an inexpensive holster off Amazon. Only thing I've had to do is tighten up the retention screw a bit to my preference. Otherwise it's been put on and forget.

When my 9mm conversion barrel arrives for my G35 I plan a range trip to vet it, the G21 and also put some additional rounds down range from the Max. I shot it well one-handed back when I was still splinted up so I'm curious on how much it will improve now that I can use both hands.
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

In a discussion on the Sig forum on the LCP series. I got curious and did a little google-fu and according to Ruger, 1.2 million LCP's had been sold....and that was back in 2012! The LCP had been out just under 4 years at that point.

Now add in another 9 years and two more generations of the pistol and I think we're looking at a pretty hefty number :)
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Really liking my LCP Max. I put a Hogue grip sleeve on it and it feels great in the hand. Will probably be my EDC now.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

REDinFL wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:00 pm Really liking my LCP Max. I put a Hogue grip sleeve on it and it feels great in the hand. Will probably be my EDC now.
Gotta say that it would make a great EDC. Wearing mine right now with the 12-round mag. The 10-round mag is in the Ammo Armor mag holder in my pocket.

On SEP we have a long running thread on ‘The smallest caliber you’d feel comfortable carrying’. While having the ‘most’ gun you can carry makes sense, so does having the gun you’ll carry ‘most’ of the time because it doesn’t weigh you down or get in the way. I’m at the new house today doing all sorts of stuff and the Max simply is a put it on and forget it pistol.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Absolutely correct.

As an update, and for information of all who have them, I got a Pachmayr grip sleeve (Hogue makes good ones, too) and it really makes a difference in feel, filling my hand nicely. Cheap improvement, around $10.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

Be interesting to see if this new 30SC catches on and if something like the Max gets chambered for it.