What are local gun shows like now?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Redaxe

Post by Redaxe »

There's another Oldsmar show next week.(11-12th). I'm thinking about going.
Any private sales there?

I went to the Tampa show 2 months ago and was disappointed. Hadn't been to a show in years.
I gather they're different now.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Call the venue in Oldsmar. Last show there was no A/C. GARY.
Redaxe

Post by Redaxe »

There's a better show this weekend:

Brooksville, at the Hernando County Fairgrounds.

120 tables.
indy1919a4

Post by indy1919a4 »

Redaxe wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:29 pm There's a better show this weekend:

Brooksville, at the Hernando County Fairgrounds.

120 tables.
Will not be able to attend, but, If you go, Would love to here what you thought of the show.. I have not been to that show I do not think. But like 2 guys shows in general. Please post what you find.
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

Redaxe wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:26 pm There's another Oldsmar show next week.(11-12th). I'm thinking about going.
Any private sales there?

I went to the Tampa show 2 months ago and was disappointed. Hadn't been to a show in years.
I gather they're different now.
I went there about a year and a half ago. It's a lot smaller than the one at the Tampa Fairgrounds. But we did find a S&W 380EZ for my wife at a good price ($350). So from that perspective it was a success. I don't recall any private sellers. It ran the range from brand new stuff to the older used stuff and of course some gear and such. Just don't expect the size and variety of the one at the Fairgrounds. But it's a bit cheaper to get in since you're not paying for parking on top of the entrance fee.
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us
Redaxe

Post by Redaxe »

indy1919a4 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:05 pm
Will not be able to attend, but, If you go, Would love to here what you thought of the show.. I have not been to that show I do not think. But like 2 guys shows in general. Please post what you find.
Pretty good show. They reportedly had a line at opening. It wasn't crowded but there were folks showing up continuously until about 2:00 pm. Several people were walking guns around. There were some tables selling from private collections. There were two buildings of tables.
No problem with the A/C....they didn't need it.
Private sales were OK as long as state and local laws were complied with.
Prices seemed high for both guns and ammo.
indy1919a4

Post by indy1919a4 »

Redaxe wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:07 pm
indy1919a4 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:05 pm
Pretty good show. They reportedly had a line at opening. It wasn't crowded but there were folks showing up continuously until about 2:00 pm. Several people were walking guns around. There were some tables selling from private collections. There were two buildings of tables.
No problem with the A/C....they didn't need it.
Private sales were OK as long as state and local laws were complied with.
Prices seemed high for both guns and ammo.
Nice, thanks.. So like was there alot of older guns then newer guns..

And was the show dominated by a couple of larger dealers that sold many guns??
Redaxe

Post by Redaxe »

Did not seem to be a lot of old guns. Some, but not a lot. There was one vendor with about 8 tables. Didn't get the name. I think 2 Guys shows are good.

There is a similar show this weekend (18th - 19th) at the Pasco County Fairgrounds. I am thinking about going. 100 tables.
indy1919a4

Post by indy1919a4 »

Redaxe wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:14 pm Did not seem to be a lot of old guns. Some, but not a lot. There was one vendor with about 8 tables. Didn't get the name. I think 2 Guys shows are good.

There is a similar show this weekend (18th - 19th) at the Pasco County Fairgrounds. I am thinking about going. 100 tables.
Thanks. Kind of a stacked weekend there are like 8 shows all over the state..
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

indy1919a4 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:46 pm Thanks. Kind of a stacked weekend there are like 8 shows all over the state..
That’s the norm on any given weekend in Florida. GARY.