Decent, affordable electronic muffs?

Lever guns, hunting guns, black powder, plinkers, rifle scopes, spotting scopes, night vision, sling shots, bows 'n arrows, knives and anything else that doesn't fit anywhere else!
tector

Decent, affordable electronic muffs?

Post by tector »

My old electronic muffs are shot (and were lame to start). Don't want to spend $300, and my #1 priority is hearing protection (my ears already suck bad), #2 comfort. Will be used primarily for handguns so bulkiness possibly interfering with a rifle not that important. I was looking at these:

https://www.amazon.com/Howard-Leight-Am ... B007BGSI5U

https://www.amazon.com/PROHEAR-Electron ... roduct_top
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Dillon - $140 - have served me very well for over a decade.

https://www.dillonprecision.com/hp1-ele ... 23561.html
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
Skeezix

Post by Skeezix »

I've got a pair of those Howard-Leight muffs.
Work really well, mic works fantastic.
Plus I can listen to my music.
gforester

Post by gforester »

I have had the Howard Leight's for over 15 years now. They work great and never had a comfort issue while using them for IDPA or Steel Match. Too bulky for rifle though. Now the insulation for the wires is deteriorating and coming apart, but for what I paid and how long they lasted, I can't complain.
tector

Post by tector »

Thank you all for the great feedback.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
neverenoughguns

Post by neverenoughguns »

I like my Sordins but quite honestly, they have not held up quite as well as I thought they might.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

I have the sordins and gave them to my son, they just didnt fit my ears right even with the gel ear cups, I have the walkers now, I like the bluetooth, while you probably shouldn't listen to music at the range Cause of safety commands I like too, plus we shoot at places where they aren't up your ass every 5 min. I can also take phone calls, it's not bad but people say the gunshots are kinda annoying....lol
I've had several other brands over the years , most of those under 100 pairs , no matter the company are all the same, you really need to try a pair on at a store like bass pro or Cabellas
Spikes40

Post by Spikes40 »

i have a pair of new caldwell powercords if interested